Tire repair kit

JohnX

.020 Over
hi guys,

I’m planning on doing a few long distance rides next year and the tire repair kit is high up there on the list of things to carry but would appreciate some advise on any specific kits and compressors that have worked well for all of you.

I did the search but only found stuff from 2013/2014. Any updates?

Thanks

John

I can’t say enough about StopnGo pocket tire plugger (they make other models).
I’ve used it 3 times without fail.
D38A1C5A-E46C-40C2-AED9-98AD89C2A2DF.jpeg
Small storage pouch and very easy to use. Get the set with the air canisters, I use two and then top off with a small 12v air compressor...just speeds things up a little as the air compressor is slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
OFF TOPIC. I have the repair kit and the 12volt compressor stored where the OEM air filter used to live. Don't have air canisters.

I have the Stop n Go tire plugger kit as well and a Cycle Pump Air Compressor. I have not needed to use either of them for flat tires due to also using Ride-On tire sealant. In more than 11 years and over 200,000 miles of riding, I have never had a flat using this stuff. I once replaced a rear tire due to wear and was told that there were 4 nails in the tire when it was replaced. The only time it did not work was when I must have picked up a very thin nail of some sort and it was not able to seal that very slow leak. As an added bonus, it also acts as tire balancer if one adds 25% more than the amount needed to seal the tire.

I have the Ride-On in all my bikes. Works great. Only one time I must have run over a large bolt of some kind. The hole was so large, all the ride-on squirted out and was stuck under the rear fender, and the tire went flat. Hole was at least 1/4" I also carry tire plugs, with the install tools, and a small 12 volt air compressor, and a lithium battery jump pack. Being broke down on the side of the road is NOT fun!;)

this is the way to go
the only trouble i have is pushing it through the hole
in my younger years i put a lot of mushroom plugs in cars and trucks.
these have the 5/16 years ago they had a 3/8 plug but i have not seen one lately.

41HAzN437tL._AC_AC_SR98,95_.jpg

Back