Tire Change time for my Touring

Sparky59

The Guy With The Most Toys Wins!
Ride
2008 R3T, 2018R3R,2015 X 1954 & 1958 Cushman Eagle
After hearing from others about woes of tire changes, I figured screw it, I'm jumping in..
I already have a automotive tire changer, went online and purchased the hard plastic bead clamp protectors and other associated wear parts for my old tired machine. I'm going to have a try at changing my tires.
In the past only changed off road tires with tire spoons.
It's only Rocket Aluminum rims, right?
Figure I'm about 1 week away from completing the task, or looking for replacement rims, if I bugger up the ones I have. :p:p:p:(
I'll keep Y'all posted.
IMG_20190517_192943101.jpg

View attachment 73386
IMG_20190601_130914898.jpg

I was blown away when my kid made a remark about us mounting a tire that was 7years old:mad::mad::mad:o_O
I know I've been away from bikes for a few years but...WTF...Rocky Mount n sends out 7year old tires?:mad::mad::mad::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Or am I nutz?

IMG_20190601_123847398.jpg

My son gave me a hand...used 2oz. Dyna beads per tire and called it a day:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Found out my tire machine is more than up to the task....But breaking the bead is nothing with the machine. Mounting the Touring tires was effortless after soaping the new tires edges, actualy thought the machine wasn't needed...I think the the tires would of slid on easier with spoons...Now, I'm not sure a Classic or Roadster Rear tire would be comparable....time will tell, as my son's Classic will be due this summer for new rubber.:(:(:unsure::unsure:

Back