Tire change time 2012 R3R

Mike188

Living Legend
Ride
Matt Black 2012 R3R
Well guys I am just about due to change the rear tyre on the beast (2012 R3R) after approx 9000km (still have the OEM Metz on). While I have had no probs with them what are other members finding as to best tyre for wear and grip (love to hear from any other South Australian members as you guys know the conditions we have here)

Oh no you've done it now. Some are running a Bridgestone that is a bit higher profile. The only other motorcycle tyre that is the same size is an Avon. I have not run anything except the Metz so I can't offer advice on the other options.

There's only 2 tyres in the stock size - Metz and Avon. There is a 3rd option which those of us who have tried it tend to report it's better all round and that is the Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55-16. I wouldn't use anything else unless another tyre emerges. There's no other sensible option available.

(There is a 3rd option which those of us who have tried it tend to report it's better all round and that is the Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55-16.)
Talking to the tyre guy today about it and he also mentioned the Bridgestone and that he was also getting good reports

Just ordered new tires this week. Rear tire will be Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55/16 front tire will be Avon Cobra 150/80/17. Never ran these but anything will have to be better than the Metz. Metz has came out with the 888 series tire because the 880 series tires are junk. The reason I know this is because I contacted Metz myself complaining about their lousy tires.

I had ME880's on when I rode through South Australia , Vic , NSW , Qld .. the Northern Territory and Western Australia .. come to think of it I had ME880's on when I rode through Tasmania and the A.C.T ... only ever run ME880's

Last edited:
bridgy is awesome i loved mine so much i kept it till it literally rolled off of the rim . this next one is my third bridgy . avon all the way on the front though my cobra is still going strong up front

Just ordered new tires this week. Rear tire will be Bridgestone Exedra Max 240/55/16 front tire will be Avon Cobra 150/80/17. Never ran these but anything will have to be better than the Metz. Metz has came out with the 888 series tire because the 880 series tires are junk. The reason I know this is because I contacted Metz myself complaining about their lousy tires.
I just had these tire mounted about 3 weeks ago and I like alot! Mully let me know what you think?

Back