Tire Care during Winter Storage

Hatata

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph RocketR
Do I need to overfill my tires while the bike is sitting in a heated garage for its 6 month nap? Are flat spots a myth with newer tire technology ? What do you guys normally do?

I park on wooden boards to keep the tires off the concrete, leave the pressures as normal and have never had a problem. My T-bird has Cobras like my GT and I have left it for 9 months before now!

Steve

My girl sat for 15 month (training + deployment) and I had no issues when i got back. Might be luck... might be the brand of tire (Cobra Chrome).
-MIG

Now i see the flag:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Don't always trust the flag... it's only the location the site thinks you are from based on the requesting IP address. Mine show's Canada, but that's only because of my selected secure VPN location. I wish the flag could be manually set. Happily, I'm in Miami and am able to ride year round. ...as will I when we move back to Las Vegas next year. YES! ...can't wait :thumbsup: :p:cool:

I have a lift for each of my bikes. I raise them off the floor in the winter. Best hundred dollars you can spend.

Attachments

• 20190627_202844.jpg
    20190627_202844.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 14
I’ve never done anything special in winter except possibly use some stabit fuel additive. Most of my bikes won’t sit for over a month or three.

Back