Tips on cleaning engine block

stretch

.020 Over
Hey guys looking for some tips on cleaning the grime off my engine block, or any tricks for cleaning any other parts of the bike.

Elbow grease and lots of it, on the engine block use a soft brush toothbrush for the hard to reach area's, any engine cleaning product does the trick the spray on and hose off ones are s**t so do not waste your money on them.
The secret is to wash and polish your bike at least four times a day do what I do I have the wife wash and polish my bike every morning before I let her go to work.(if you believe that one I also have a bridge for sale)

Be careful with any engine degreasers. They can affect the silver powder coat. The powder coat on mines is cracked in a few places. I always wanted to get one of the chin spoilers, like below, to help protect the front of the motor, but never did.

S1000 works well with a toothbrush and doing it more than once a year helps you can find it at most bike stores so far I have had good luck with it on all my bikes

Hey guys looking for some tips on cleaning the grime off my engine block, or any tricks for cleaning any other parts of the bike.

Elbow grease and lots of it, on the engine block use a soft brush toothbrush for the hard to reach area's, any engine cleaning product does the trick the spray on and hose off ones are s**t so do not waste your money on them.
The secret is to wash and polish your bike at least four times a day do what I do I have the wife wash and polish my bike every morning before I let her go to work.(if you believe that one I also have a bridge for sale)

The cleaning Guru has spoken ;) Listen to the master weed-hopper :D

Spray with Gold Wash ( amuse yourself for 30 minutes ) hose off ... spray engine with silicone spray when dry ( learnt that from Bubz and Co ... cleanest shiniest engines i've ever seen );)

Spray with Gold Wash ( amuse yourself for 30 minutes ) hose off ... spray engine with silicone spray when dry ( learnt that from Bubz and Co ... cleanest shiniest engines i've ever seen );)

Does that take off road tar ? That's the $hit I have a problem with. :mad:

Does the silicone dry ? I imagine that would keep other $hit from sticking as well.

No mate , won't get tar off ... silicone spray does stop build-up of crap making it easier to clean. Purple Polish is good for alloy and reckon it would remove tar .. get it from Mack Truck dealerships , well you do in Australia anyway.

S1000 works well with a toothbrush and doing it more than once a year helps you can find it at most bike stores so far I have had good luck with it on all my bikes

S100 Screwed up my bike - Harley Davidson Forums

FYI..Be careful with S-100 it destroyed the chrome finish and dulls finishes over time on a lot of the parts on my RK. My spoke wheels were trashed. Read the directions carefully it is highly acidic. :( I use SIMPLE GREEN with great results. Some folks find it even changes their life..:roll:

Simple Green - YouTube

Back