Timing retard on 2014 R3R?

Anthony

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Was wondering if Triumph is still doing the timing retard in 1-3rd gear? I keep seeing people talking about pulling the front tire off the ground in 2nd gear with very little effort. The bike has some serious pull, but mine has never even thought about lifting like that. I have gone WOT many times and I don't seem to be getting the same response as the rest of you. :(

I am a big guy (6ft, 280lbs), but not so large that it should hold her back.

Was wondering if Triumph is still doing the timing retard in 1-3rd gear? I keep seeing people talking about pulling the front tire off the ground in 2nd gear with very little effort. The bike has some serious pull, but mine has never even thought about lifting like that. I have gone WOT many times and I don't seem to be getting the same response as the rest of you. :(

Your not alone my front wheel has never left planet earth.

Mine only started doing it after copying the tables, 3 filters and straight pipe... was wondering myself but happy now...

I just read your post again... 2nd gear will take some effort on your part... 1st gear is easy...

On the other hand, when I had the blow dryer stuck to the side of the Iron Maiden, 2nd and 3rd gear wheels up no problems, or 3rd to 4th gear burn outs at 70-80 mph...

AND ther are a lot of BULLSHOOTERS out there also

Agreed - unloading the front suspension to where the wheel is light is not actually a wheelie.
One should be able to see your front axle.

Agreed - unloading the front suspension to where the wheel is light is not actually a wheelie.
One should be able to see your front axle.
Saw a few oil drain bolts in my rear view mirrors at RAA 9, think it was more than just unloading front suspension...

Seen Donny lift the front wheel while spinning the back .. he has Carpenter type cams and exhaust system .. and he's a maniac . Never had my front wheel off the bitumen .. never actually tried to be honest.

Back