Time to sell the beast.

T Evans

Supercharged
Well after 2 and half yrs of owning my Rocket and only about 11 or 12 k miles and 3 neck surgeries later it looks like the time has come that I am forced to sell my Rocket.
My last surgery was about 5 weeks ago now and the doc informed me that my neck was just a mess and didn't think he got it all. Said if he has to go back in again and get to the nerve that is causing all the problems he would have to split my sternom and I don't think I want that. They have even suggested that maybe I look into taking disability. I can't wrap my mind around that because I'm only 53 and feel like I still have lots left to give.
So I thought I would post my scoot here first to see if anybody might know someone that might be interested. Here is a partial list of the upgrades I have made.
Triple K&N's, custom TB map with a PC III map stacked and dialed in on the dyno, Jardine pipes, Corbin fairing, saddle bags and saddle w/back rest. The bike has around 24k on it. At 13k the dealer in OKC totally rebuilt the tranny and engine because of the tranny problem. They also installed new drive shaft and wiring harness. The bike is as solid as a rock with no problems at all. I just installed a new battery and it fires right up even in the cold temps now. I had installed a new avon on the rear last spring and the front tire is in good shape also Rear tire might have 600 miles on it. I have some extras that will go with the bike that I havent installed yet like the ignition switch to re locate it to the side, a set of new front springs and a tall rear sissy bar and pad. The bike does have a chip or two that could be touched up and never even seen or noticed. The bike is 6 yrs old now and isn't a garage queen but she still looks good and draws a crowd where ever I go.
I might be all wet but with all the Corbin goodies I was hoping to get 10,750 but if you guys know somebody that wants it at 10,000 have them get in touch with me at terbob52@cableone.net. The picture shows the bike when I had the car tire on.
Thanks fella's

Big T

T,
I hate to hear that.
Know a guy at work, but won't see him till tonight.
I think I'd trike her before I'd sell her.
Good luck my friend, in life and with the sell.
skip

Somebody's gonna' pick up a doozie of a ride, T, but I'm sad to see that she won't be staying with her master.:(

I really hate to here that T. Keep it and only ride on the smooth roads.:D

At least you picked the right time of the year to sale it.

Hope you stay with us on this site more than Snuffy does.
Its like he sticks his head in the door to see who's still around.
He wont even sit a while.:(

hard choice ...and my sympathy cause it is always difficult to come to terms with health when there is unknown in the equation
if I did not have a yellow beast I would jump and buy yours tomorrow someone is going to get a real deal on this rig!!

I have belonged to several sites in the past but the people here are the best all round guys you'll find anywhere. I could not have done all the up grades on the bike with out the help I found here from guys like Pig9r, Skip, Stripes, Hellraiser and all the rest of you guys. You guys can rest assured that I will stick around and keep up with you guys.

Big T

Back