Time to make some heat shields for Reband

Mittzy

The Hooligan - Just Doing Stuff
Ride
2020 TFC #385, 2014 R3 Roadster 230hp (BRUTUS)
Well Iv'e started swapped the system over to a Jardine system that I restored. Looks good but we will see how they go when I ride it.
Set up the pipes on my spare head and bolted up - no for the fidly time consuming bit cutting - welding etc.
This will not be a quick job.... Also the temperature has hit 33 Deg C and humid today and its the start of our hot season (Shed is not air-Conditioned).
IMG_4925.JPG
IMG_0853.JPG
IMG_4926.JPG

If I keep my Rebands I plan on building a little better heat shield than I have now. I have the carbon fiber heat shield installed that came with them and it works somewhat, but it needs to work better and cover more area. I also hate that there were holes drilled into the header pipes with nuts welded on top to mount the heat shields...just another leak point. In short here are my plans for the Rebands...

1.) Clean and weld the system together so that it installs as a single unit.
2.) Cut mounting nuts off header pipes and weld up the holes.
3.) Fabricate heat shields to my liking
4.) Weld proper weldlets on the header pipes to mount the heat shields
5.) Re-Coat in satin black ceramic
6.) Maybe header wrap prior to installing heat shields...still undecided

Either that or purchase a new system...still on the fence

If I keep my Rebands I plan on building a little better heat shield than I have now. I have the carbon fiber heat shield installed that came with them and it works somewhat, but it needs to work better and cover more area. I also hate that there were holes drilled into the header pipes with nuts welded on top to mount the heat shields...just another leak point. In short here are my plans for the Rebands...

1.) Clean and weld the system together so that it installs as a single unit.
2.) Cut mounting nuts off header pipes and weld up the holes.
3.) Fabricate heat shields to my liking
4.) Weld proper weldlets on the header pipes to mount the heat shields
5.) Re-Coat in satin black ceramic
6.) Maybe header wrap prior to installing heat shields...still undecided

Either that or purchase a new system...still on the fence
I had already done number 2 and 4 on your list and my list is exactly the same. I had to cut the heat shield mounts off to get the mounting flanges off to modify the flange/s

Last edited:
Back