Time for an oil change

Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
Attended a funeral the other week of a young lad of 22 that I knew well . He was on his way home from work , when passing an Aldi store on a busy main road , an 83 year old pensioner stepped out in front of him . He clipped the pensioner and left the bike , only to bounce head on into an oncoming lorry . A sad day , but my point being , the funeral procession was long and slow with a lot of stop start riding . It was a warm day and the engine was hot . In fact everybody's engines were hot with a good few breakdowns , notably Harleys with fried clutches! I always use good oil and change out every 6 months regardless , the last change being recent but after this last hot run , a change out seemed the obvious thing to do . The oil was ok but you could tell it had got hot , which got me thinking ? How many of you guys who ride in the hotter climates change out your oil more regularly than the recommended change intervals ? At the end of the day , it's a small price to pay for the longethivity of your engine and clutch !

sorry for the loss
i change mine every 5000 miles seems good to me.
i was in a long line and even though the motorcycle cops were letting us run all the stop lights the rocket was cooking me so i finally just got out of line and headed for home.

Synthetic oil should be able to take the heat especially if you are using a 20W50 instead of 10W40.

Why not take a sample and send it out for analysis. That will take the guess out of the whole matter.

Sorry for your loss brother. Live every day.
Thanks Norm , sad thing is the poor lad lived with and looked after his infirm mother . She couldn't even afford to bury him . Strangely enough , it was the local 1percenters that came forward after an internet appeal from his friends and paid for his funeral in it's entirety . They also had a fundraiser , the proceeds of which they gave to his mother , over 7 grand in total . There is nothing on earth like the motorcycle brotherhood !

I like changing my oil , I love the smell and Taya reckons it keeps my rough hands smoother . Not only that , but I enjoy picking my filter apart and examining for debris and nasties . Does this make me weird ? Don't judge me ! :unsure:
Stay weird my brother.:thumbsup: Normal people are boring. :thumbsdown:

Back