Tiger 800Xcx Takes on Mountain Bike

Wow! what's even more impressive is that it's not just a regular mountain bike, but a real downhill racer with longer travel suspension made for "big air" - when it is all down hill like that the need to pedal the mountain bike is taken out of the equation & the weight of the Tiger would make it fall downhill faster so the brake scrubbing & suspension on the Tiger had to work really hard to stay in control. Just watching that on video you really can not appreciate the percentage grade of those downhill sections.
That being done on a motorcycle that is also made for traveling on road is all the more impressive..... especially doing the jumps :thumbsup:

I like the way he knocks him off his bike at the end. :D

Lol that was my favorite part too!

Screenshot_2016-07-14-09-19-36-1.png

Come on, @EasTexRIII, you forget about Newton's 2nd law? ;)

The acceleration of an object as produced by a net force is directly proportional to the mass of the a$$??? :whitstling: ;)

So let me re-phrase...... the Tiger having a motor does not make it easier to go downhill just because you have to pedal a bicycle. the % of down hill grade makes pedaling unnecessary for the bicycle. juss sayin that the light weight, long travel suspension, nimbleness of a full blown downhill racer (bicycle) be a lot easier to go down that hill. Making what the Tiger did very impressive. But we also know that watching that video was not the same as them actually racing. They stopped & started the filming as needed to make it look like they finished at the same time.
But really if you just see what the Tiger did by itself, it was pretty cool for a motor that is just a trail worthy street bike. Also in that video, the Tiger had changed into knobby shoes. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Back