Thunderbike oversize handle bars.....

mikewd

.060 Over
Ride
'12 R3 Roadster
Anyone put these on a Roadster yet? Thunderbike hasn't had one installed on a Roadster yet. Bars come with a bracket to move instruments to fit. He's not sure if he needs to change the bracket.

Thanks

I recall back in 2010 I was looking at them for my bike. They had a note on the web site even then that a bracket was needed for the Roadster. Surely they've sold at least one set to a Roadster owner since?? Seems really strange that they say they don't know.

Anyone put these on a Roadster yet? Thunderbike hasn't had one installed on a Roadster yet. Bars come with a bracket to move instruments to fit. He's not sure if he needs to change the bracket.

Thanks
Roadster handle bar clamp is almost identical to 07 thru to 09 std's and classics there should not be a problem the only difference is the pre Roadster's had a plastic insert to hide the two little bolts that hold the gauges where as the Roadster has a metal plate with bolts showing

That's what I was thinking....here's his response: "I still haven’t had access to a Roadster model (hens teeth here) to try a set on myself and confirm what instrument bracket is needed if any but feedback suggests a different bracket from the one I supply as standard is required."

They answer all questions and are very good about getting back to you but was hoping I could be sure a set of $500 bars will work without having to alter bracket which is supplied.

BTW, anyone know about their exhaust....looks and sounds great IMO.
http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/shopn/spi/666968571/tbike_3__RO3

Thanks, really appreciate all the help from all you blokes on the forum!

Tekcor (Brin) is running a set of the fat Thunder Bike t-bars on his Roadster , I'm pretty sure .. Ponters has custom made Burleigh Bars on his bike. Can't see why the t-bars wouldn't fit the Roadster models.

Btw, what's "hen's teeth"
Tekcor (Brin) is running a set of the fat Thunder Bike t-bars on his Roadster , I'm pretty sure .. Ponters has custom made Burleigh Bars on his bike. Can't see why the t-bars wouldn't fit the Roadster models.

Tomcat, Fella at thunderbike said someone had issue with roadster. Have you heard anything about their exhaust? (link on previous mssg)

Btw, what's "hen's teeth"

Tomcat, Fella at thunderbike said someone had issue with roadster. Have you heard anything about their exhaust? (link on previous mssg)

Mate "hens teeth" means very rare :laugh: as in chickens don't have teeth.
Have run the fat T'Bike T-bars myself , can't see why there would be problems fitting them to a R3R (Hanso claims the handlebar mount is the same or very similar) I will send Tekcor a text and get him to log on and confirm he's running them or not ..you can question him about fit-up then.
No knowledge of their exhaust systems sorry mate.

Tekcor (Rocket backwards , clever) reckons he had to do 'minor mods' to the mounting bracket for the gauges . T'Bike supply you an extended bracket for mounting gauge bracket. So no drama mounting the bars themselves just the little bracket needs tweaking a bit. Hope that helps.

Fair dinkum! I don't care what they say....you fellas down under are OK!

Appreciate the help.

Back