Thunder Monster baffles Any 1st (or 2nd) hand experience?

norseman

Supercharged
Ride
2013 (early year) Roadster
I bumped into this site while researching my (hopefully imminent) cat bypass/pipe/air project and it piqued my interest. I LOVE a deep DEEP resonant exhaust note, but I also leave/return home at some pretty unreasonable hours so I want to keep my exhaust sound somewhere near neighborly. The maker of these baffles actually claims HP and torque GAIN over a straight pipe (I believe only in the mid rev range, no doubt they still strangle a bit at higher RPM) while reducing overall DB output and keeping a deep, rich, note. They sound like a product made exactly for what I want, but since I know approximately nothing about exhaust dynamics I thought I'd bounce it off this forum and see if any of you have experience or even opinions on these things.

On a related note, I love the look of the Jardine slash cut exhaust for the Roadster but I haven't been able to find interior and exterior diameter measurements for the pipes with the factory silencers removed. Anybody have (or able to get) those numbers?

Anyway here's the site. Interesting reading.

http://www.bigcitythunder.com/exhaust-dynamics.html

I have a set on my R3T. They quiet down the Jardines a noticeable amount. As to power/torque, I suspect they take a bit out of the top end, they may or may not add to the lower and mid range, kind of hard to tell without putting it back on the dyno.

Did you have to pull the factory baffles out of the jardines before installing them? Also do you recall what size you ordered? This is exactly what I needed!

QBL 2125. They mount in the head pipes, not in the mufflers, so no, you don't need to remove the baffles.

QBL 2125. They mount in the head pipes, not in the mufflers, so no, you don't need to remove the baffles.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I very much appreciate the info!

If anyone is interested I'll try to get a before/after dyno for the baffles and post them. They may end up decorating my garage rather than sitting in my pipes!

Norseman, I'm very interested in your findings.

As Bones has said "Cant see how stuffing stuff in the headers could IMPROVE anything?? just gonna inhibit flow"

Back