Throttle Grip Didn't Feel Right....

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I routinely lubricate my throttle and clutch cables a couple time a year, especially if I'm planning a longer trip. On my Tuesday night ride with some local boys I noticed when twisting my throttle it didn't quite feel right. I can't say it was binding (that's a little strong) but it just didn't feel smooth. A little catchy might be the word. I pulled the cover cap today, used some cable lube making sure to also use some Redline Assembly Synthetic Lube on the ferrells where they ride in the openings of the grip. There was still some white lithium grease in the openings, but that didn't seem to be doing the trick. I'm happy to report... all is well now and turning super smooth again. I also did my clutch cable again as well.

Why am I even posting this you ask? Well, just a reminder to keep an eye on those little things that don't feel right. Even though I carry a spare throttle grip....I don't need the grief of having to replace it because it tore out. I know there have been some reports of this happening, even though it is more of an issue with the heated grips. Enjoy your ride....

Interesting I have 70000 miles on my 05std and never once even dreamed of lubing my throttle or clutch cable do not really see the point as they are coated cables, now maybe if you live in an area with a lot of road grim could be a different story.

Interesting I have 70000 miles on my 05std and never once even dreamed of lubing my throttle or clutch cable do not really see the point as they are coated cables, now maybe if you live in an area with a lot of road grim could be a different story.

You need to buy a lotto ticket...sounds like you're one lucky guy. Lol

Back