Throttle cable adjustments

Morgo

73 Bonneville
Ride
Rocket111 06 standard
So maybe my tune is ok on my 06 standard.
The problem is when the bike is warmed up and im doing 70 km in a 70 km zone .
Very little throttle .
Instead of smooth and steady ; the bike starts to be choppy or little surges or maybe best described as missing .
Im thinking that there is adjustment needed at throttle cables .
2 cables to adjust.
Any advice appreciated.

That is probably not the problem.

Do you still have the original TPS? if so, then there is a good chance that it will need replacing. Hook up TuneECU (or TuneBoy if you have that) and check the sttings. If they are out, then adjust the TPS so that the readings are correct. That should solve the problem. However, if the problem returns (probably with not too many more miles) then check it again. If it has gone out then replace the Primary TPS.

Makes sense that its not cable adjustment. ; since it acts up only after it is warmed up.
Finally found and ordered up a cord for tune ECU.
Ordered from triumph twin power, across the pond.
In the meantime im going to try a auto reset by allowing bike to idle for 12 minutes after fan kicks on.

Makes sense that its not cable adjustment. ; since it acts up only after it is warmed up.
Finally found and ordered up a cord for tune ECU.
Ordered from triumph twin power, across the pond.
In the meantime im going to try a auto reset by allowing bike to idle for 12 minutes after fan kicks on.
Have you check the low tension leads on the coils? They tend to vibrate and loosen up a quick squeeze with a pair of needle nose pliers so they are snug going on the blade again does wonders. The front coil sucks as it is in between the front neck. under the harness holder. Which I pitched on my bike so I can get at them anytime the tank is up. The two on the side are easy to get at.

coil lead wires.jpg

Checked over low tension leads.
Gonna try changing tps primary.
Is it as eady as swapping it out and doing a 12 min reset.; as im still waiting for cable for tune ecu?

Checked over low tension leads.
Gonna try changing tps primary.
Is it as eady as swapping it out and doing a 12 min reset.; as im still waiting for cable for tune ecu?
Good as Ian stated if it is the original TPS then its old style and served its life. Easy to set new one although I use a shim under mine to insure it sits straight. Have no proof except now problems have crept in.

Back