Throttle body balance

sixpack

Supercharged
Is there a set reading that the throttle bodies should be? My #2 cyl. reads between 450 & 480 and cyls. # 1 & 3 sometime matches #2 but always with in 7 points, is this acceptable?? I'm using tuneboy. ( I'm having an idle (stumble ) and can't seem to correct it.:sad:

You can set them to be exactly the same - which is where they should be. There is a "How To" thread here.

actually it's your tune that I got from Hanso that I'm using for triples & jardines my previous tune was a Blastedbones tune that I also got hrom Hanso, I'm just trying different tunes , just loaded it tonight, :p my #2 cyl is not constant is that the way it should be??

When you say stumble, does that mean it hiccups (backfire) through the intake? When I replaced the timing chain & sprockets on my 05 I found the intake to be off a tooth. My bike used to hiccup bad until I replaced the chain and set the timing correctly. No matter what I did tune wise it would not go away.

When you say stumble, does that mean it hiccups (backfire) through the intake? When I replaced the timing chain & sprockets on my 05 I found the intake to be off a tooth. My bike used to hiccup bad until I replaced the chain and set the timing correctly. No matter what I did tune wise it would not go away.

no backfiring, just an unsteady idle, the bike actually rocks and I seem to smell gas... the bike starts and idles fine for about 30-40 seconds and then acts up ??:(

Have you checked the primary TPS and the Crank Angle Sensor?

well I had to adjust the primary TPS from. 59.5 to 0.60 I did clean the CAS about a month ago, will do it again tonight, I just finished checking the vacuum lines ( they lookd ok and were solid when I tugged on them)... any chance they be mixed up,,they look pretty solid on the "T"..:roll:

Tuneboy ( & I assume tune ecu?) has an idle set feature. load the tune edit page ( all the F values page) & follow the top line tabs( F's L's Ignition etc)top right end one is idle values for all the temperatures. Cold idle will be over a K but set the hotter ones to 950.

Tuneboy ( & I assume tune ecu?) has an idle set feature. load the tune edit page ( all the F values page) & follow the top line tabs( F's L's Ignition etc)top right end one is idle values for all the temperatures. Cold idle will be over a K but set the hotter ones to 950.

I can hi-lite the area and it turns green,but the pg up & dn won't work....I have tried it before also...:(

Back