Throttle Body balance questions.

BRich

.020 Over
So I hooked up my bike to the tuneboy a few months back, and noticed the numbers (believed to represent vacuum) were quite different. The #1 cyl was 570, #2 540 and #3 640. I decided to balance them yesterday and after about an hour (my first time doing this kinda thing) I got the numbers to #1 555, #2 540 and #3 555. No matter how I tried to get them all at 540, the bike would start to rev high, low or stutter and vibrate.

So my questions are;
What balanced numbers do you guys come up with? (as in, are your numbers around 540, 640, 500 ect.)
Is it possible to get the numbers exactly matched?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bill.

So I hooked up my bike to the tuneboy a few months back, and noticed the numbers (believed to represent vacuum) were quite different. The #1 cyl was 570, #2 540 and #3 640. I decided to balance them yesterday and after about an hour (my first time doing this kinda thing) I got the numbers to #1 555, #2 540 and #3 555. No matter how I tried to get them all at 540, the bike would start to rev high, low or stutter and vibrate.

So my questions are;
What balanced numbers do you guys come up with? (as in, are your numbers around 540, 640, 500 ect.)
Is it possible to get the numbers exactly matched?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bill.

Mine shows about 610-620 @1003.3 hPa (29.64 inHg)

It doesn't matter what your numbers are just so that they are all the same or close to it. You are only adjusting #1 and #3 to match the #2 throttle body.

It doesn't matter what your numbers are just so that they are all the same or close to it. You are only adjusting #1 and #3 to match the #2 throttle body.

Properly balanced the engine should run smooth and off-idle response should feel pretty linear (no acceleration bumps).

TuneECU and TuneBoy scares the living daylights out of me. Not because It's over my head or anything .... it's because one day I might want/have to buy a used R3 for some reason.

Back