Thoughts on R3 riders and the $&@! Detent Spring

cootertwo

Top Fuel
Ride
2013, & 2 05's R3R, 2006, 2004 Harley's, 2004 Kaw
Bummer, but I too notice a bit of wear on that lifter shaft, or is it a spot of dirt on the one side ???? I've seen much worse.

barbagris

Mad Scientist
Ride
2009 R3-Standard - 1979 Guzzi V1000G5
I too notice a bit of wear on that lifter shaft, or is it a spot of dirt on the one side ???? I've seen much worse.
It's worn. Scott (His Majesty @warp9.9 ) made me change mine when my detent "pinged" last year, and it was almost identical wear. imo --- it is a bit of a design issue and probably should almost be considered a service item.

warp9.9

Pocałuj mnie w dupę
Ride
07 Rocket
Its worn, you should replace it as Chris stated above. I realize your on the road. So if you don't replace it and the newer lifter piece then you might end up opening her up ahain in the future. How far well could be quite a while. Personally now that you know. Its your choice you'll be the one riding around on her. Myself I'd change them.

I'm in North Carolina too. And luck wasn't good for me finding a spot at the camp grounds. So I'm laid out on my bunk in the trailer at a super Walmart fun fun :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock