Thought we were going to Gatlinburg!

foxviewnet

With foxes we must play the fox!
Ride
2007 Rocket iii Classic 2006 Yamaha Vmax
Well my wife said this morning that she wanted to go to Gatlinburg for the long weekend on the Rocket. I said "sure just make sure we have a place to stay tonight." So she makes reservation somewhere unknown to me and we take off. She is navigating, giving me turn by turn as we head off the interstate south of Knoxville. Next thing I know is that we are turning on Hwy 129 toward the Dragon. I wasn't expecting that. Anyway we actually rode the "wet" dragon today. It wasn't all that bad but may go back thru tomorrow. Sunny and 85 by the weatherman. It's very cool up here in the mountains and I think we may even have the Bama game on in the cabin this evening. I guess Gatlinburg will have to be another time. Hope everyone has a safe and great weekend!

Well my wife said this morning that she wanted to go to Gatlinburg for the long weekend on the Rocket. I said "sure just make sure we have a place to stay tonight." So she makes reservation somewhere unknown to me and we take off. She is navigating, giving me turn by turn as we head off the interstate south of Knoxville. Next thing I know is that we are turning on Hwy 129 toward the Dragon. I wasn't expecting that. Anyway we actually rode the "wet" dragon today. It wasn't all that bad but may go back thru tomorrow. Sunny and 85 by the weatherman. It's very cool up here in the mountains and I think we may even have the Bama game on in the cabin this evening. I guess Gatlinburg will have to be another time. Hope everyone has a safe and great weekend!
Did you end up at Tapoco Lodge ? Or should I say "Historic Tapoco Lodge". If so, great place to base camp and ride the area.

Did you end up at Tapoco Lodge ? Or should I say "Historic Tapoco Lodge". If so, great place to base camp and ride the area.
Hey Ransan,
We did stay at Topoco Lodge. She got he last cabin available. Great location like you said! Good food, campfire every night, beautiful scenery. Met some other riders by the campfire the first evening that ride "big" bikes...Vulcan 1700s. I let them go on about it till my wife stole their thunder with the mention of our R3. I was still impressed as it was a husband and wife that each had their on Vulcan. Somehow the wife's bike had all the options and he just had the base model.
We did about 750 miles this weekend and just got home about noon. We had 5 acres of lawn calling for a trim when we left but we are all over it now after a nice relaxing weekend. Headed to Arkansas for camping and riding late October if we can pull it off. It will be hard to beat this weekend.;)

Hey Ransan,
Somehow the wife's bike had all the options and he just had the base model.
We had 5 acres of lawn calling for a trim when we left but we are all over it now after a nice relaxing weekend. ;)
Nice ride - was he wearing a kilt and his wife the trousers?:roll:

What do you call your own private 5 acre National Park? ;):D

Hey Ransan,
We did stay at Topoco Lodge. She got he last cabin available. Great location like you said! Good food, campfire every night, beautiful scenery. Met some other riders by the campfire the first evening that ride "big" bikes...Vulcan 1700s. I let them go on about it till my wife stole their thunder with the mention of our R3. I was still impressed as it was a husband and wife that each had their on Vulcan. Somehow the wife's bike had all the options and he just had the base model.
We did about 750 miles this weekend and just got home about noon. We had 5 acres of lawn calling for a trim when we left but we are all over it now after a nice relaxing weekend. Headed to Arkansas for camping and riding late October if we can pull it off. It will be hard to beat this weekend.;)
Thats great. I love their cabins. They just updated the Grill and outdoor dinning space this spring. You're right it does make for a "nice and relaxing" place to be and so many great roads to ride.

Back