This is why I love motorcycling

Aivmid

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Standard
Organised a long weekend away this weekend with a mate on his Speed Triple..I've done 70km on my bike since December 2014 so was looking forward to it. Left yesterday afternoon for the run from Bermagui down to Mallacoota, bike ran like a clock, "this is great" thought I.

This morning between Cann River and Orbost got caught in a mini cyclone...driving rain, huge winds, trees across the highway. Couldn't see through the windscreen, rode 50 km with my head hanging out the side of the bike trying to see what I was about to hit. Every item of clothing I have leaked. My wet weather gear was more effective keeping water in than out...

Spent the afternoon in the pub at Orbost where the publican has kindly put all our stuff in his clothes dryer. Still blowing a gale outside.

Anyone want a free R3?

Organised a long weekend away this weekend with a mate on his Speed Triple..I've done 70km on my bike since December 2014 so was looking forward to it. Left yesterday afternoon for the run from Bermagui down to Mallacoota, bike ran like a clock, "this is great" thought I.

This morning between Cann River and Orbost got caught in a mini cyclone...driving rain, huge winds, trees across the highway. Couldn't see through the windscreen, rode 50 km with my head hanging out the side of the bike trying to see what I was about to hit. Every item of clothing I have leaked. My wet weather gear was more effective keeping water in than out...

Spent the afternoon in the pub at Orbost where the publican has kindly put all our stuff in his clothes dryer. Still blowing a gale outside.

Anyone want a free R3?

The Cann River pub is our stop over on the way to Phillip Island Grand Prix most years ,we stay at the motel just staggering distance from the Pub at closing time ,nice riding down that way (in good weather) if you are staying at The Commonwealth Hotel Orbost its a great old pub I have had a few cleansing Ales down there over the years:thumbsup:

The Cann River pub is our stop over on the way to Phillip Island Grand Prix most years ,we stay at the motel just staggering distance from the Pub at closing time ,nice riding down that way (in good weather) if you are staying at The Commonwealth Hotel Orbost its a great old pub I have had a few cleansing Ales down there over the years:thumbsup:
Staying at the Orbost Club Hotel, it's got better clothes dryers than the Commonwealth.

Anyone want a free R3?

Only if you have washed it...i imagine it's filthy after all that rain

Back