" THIS IS BILLY FROM ARTILLERY...I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU PLAY JUST PLAY IT LOUD"

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
In the words of the now late great Robin Williams " THIS IS BILLY FROM ARTILLERY...I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU PLAY JUST PLAY IT LOUD"

Just fitted a shiny new Ramair kit ...what most people have failed to mention here is the induction ROAR is LOUD and I mean LOUD .
In fact 20 minutes into a test ride I stopped and checked it hadn't come off ...it hadn't
At full throttle its seriously very loud ..car drivers jump out the way when you crack the throttle to overtake ...glancing in the mirror thinking what the f$%k !
I'm not complaining I ride hard and enthusiastically and I love it
But I'm just saying if you like the scenery more than Hinckley's big bore triple sound track think twice before fitting one
one unforeseen advantage is the old air box gives you a decent amount of storage space

so now thinking of looking into this tuneECU thing as I get a lot of backfiring through the induction
when throttling off/going down the box

Play this loud, and I mean really loud, RacerX74 - the unofficial theme song for all Triumph Rocket II Captains:

We be riding the T-rex of motorcycles!

In the words of the now late great Robin Williams " THIS IS BILLY FROM ARTILLERY...I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU PLAY JUST PLAY IT LOUD"

Just fitted a shiny new Ramair kit ...what most people have failed to mention here is the induction ROAR is LOUD and I mean LOUD .
In fact 20 minutes into a test ride I stopped and checked it hadn't come off ...it hadn't
At full throttle its seriously very loud ..car drivers jump out the way when you crack the throttle to overtake ...glancing in the mirror thinking what the f$%k !
I'm not complaining I ride hard and enthusiastically and I love it
But I'm just saying if you like the scenery more than Hinckley's big bore triple sound track think twice before fitting one
one unforeseen advantage is the old air box gives you a decent amount of storage space

so now thinking of looking into this tuneECU thing as I get a lot of backfiring through the induction
when throttling off/going down the box
I think that's why a few people developed cracks is the bottom. From sucking in smaller bikes as you pass them. :sneaky:

K&N's and Ramair are both about the same but if you want to seriously quieten the induction Roar you can fit a OzClaw made by @ozrider I have ridden a bike with one on and could not believe how much quieter it is
I'd have one if I could fit my RX 4040's under there as they look Sweet as well

Back