Withdrwn from sale: Thinking of selling my Carpentered 2010 R3T

No, just found a better tool for the job. Waiting for an answer on something, I only said thinking of. When the heck do we get to see the Millennium Falcon again, you done roofing and remodeling yet? Supercharge it for me and I'll keep it.

Roofing done. Still working on the inside during inclement weather. Putting in underground drain system for the gutters and planting grass on the good days outside. Myself I'm waiting to see the new Kawasaki SX H2 sports tourer but will always have a beast either way even stock :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Roofing done. Still working on the inside during inclement weather. Putting in underground drain sytem for the gutters and planting grass on the good days outside. Myself I'm waiting to see the new Kawasaki SC H2 sports tourer but will always have a beast either way even stock :D

The H2 SX is a wonder machine! Sat on both the base and the SE a couple weeks back. Don’t even waste your time with the base, the SE is a steal with all the included upgrades.

It’s more sport than tourer for sure, positions comfortable but not vertical torso, it’s forward leaning a bit. I’d much rather cross the country on Tripp’s bike, the old back would be much happier on 500 mile days!

Getting old sucks, got rid of my tt600 and selling the cbr1000rr as I can't do the sport bike position any more, and part of the reason I'm selling the Rocket is that with 2 bad knees and a bad shoulder, as much as I hate to admit it, it's getting hard to push the behemoth backwards out of the barn and down the driveway, my options are narrowing from both ends. And of course, once you go BMW you'll never go back, baby, trust me.

Getting old sucks, got rid of my tt600 and selling the cbr1000rr as I can't do the sport bike position any more, and part of the reason I'm selling the Rocket is that with 2 bad knees and a bad shoulder, as much as I hate to admit it, it's getting hard to push the behemoth backwards out of the barn and down the driveway, my options are narrowing from both ends. And of course, once you go BMW you'll never go back, baby, trust me.
Dude I thought you were Florida bound no barn no hills park and walk. :D

That's true, good point, I guess it's hard to change your thinking from what you're used to, but probably a year away from permanent move. I know it's an illusion, but even on flat ground, pushing that bike backwards I'd swear I can hear the bones in my kneecaps grinding together. My existing barn is narrow and I'm tired of rolling bikes in and out, too. This is the longest I've ever owned a bike, I usually change one or two a year. Just testing the waters, if it's not worth what I think it is I'll probably keep it. I've always been a "stuff" guy, but trying to simplify.

Forgot to mention, DeCosse keyless ignition is one of the things going in at service, original getting dodgy.

Last edited:
I owe @Neville Lush an apology for snapping at him for merely stating the truth. Carpenter does apparently use race gas to get larger dyno numbers, he must advance the timing to dyno it, then dial it back, because the bike runs on regular gas, as he advised me to use. The info is right there on the dyno chart, so I guess it is not exactly deceptive, but maybe straddles the line a bit, marketing, I guess. He said a more realistic number on regular would probably be 225-228, I don't doubt him, but it runs like a bear either way.

Nev said he'd delete his comment, I said don't worry about it, but he couldn't do it on his phone, so he got back in his car at 8:00 pm after what I'm sure was a long day of work and drove back to his shop to delete it on his computer. I said that's crazy, he said I said I'd delete it and I'm a man of my word. Not many guys like that left in the world, speaks volumes about the man.

It's an understandable situation, but it's sad to get rid of a rocket. If I'd seen this a month ago before I bought mine, I might have jumped on it. Whoever grabs it is going to be lucky!

Tripp’s,
If you have it next year it’s third on my list of potential buys :p

New R3 Model
H2 SX SE
Your R3

Will see how it all shakes out I guess.

Alright, I tried to do this the nice way, if it's not sold by the end of the month, I'll shoot this dog.

1ikr0v.jpg

Last edited:
Back