Tazshido

.040 Over
In an undisclosed location in the Middle East.
Hello all,
I am Tazshido (the way of the berserker) and I am currently overseas in the middle east on a combat tour with the Army (National Guard). My purpose for being on this tour is to save money for a newer, nicer motorcycle (and to serve my great country of course).
I have about 30 years riding experience and have ridden a great many different kinds and brands of bike over those years. The last few have been spent resurecting junkyard finds because I have been short on disposable income (started a 2nd family after a divorce). I find myself finally getting old and slow enough that I need a more comfortable motorcycle but not so old and slow that I need a full dress tour bike. I recently earned my first "Iron Butt" saddle sore 1000 on my current bike (which I am selling to another Soldier), a 1994 CBR600F2 which had to be saved with major surgury after an associate decided to use the shiny side to resurface a roadway. I am going to continue doing some endurance riding, finding that it appeals to me to stay tough in the saddle.
I have wittled my choices down to the Yamaha Royal Star tour deluxe and the Triumph Rocket III tour, mostly because I want more motor than one can have with a V-twin. Has anybody out there owned both of these motorcycles and give me a good comparison of the two? I'd love to hear what you might have to say.
Thanks in advance,
Tazshido

There's a tremendous difference between your choices. Ride one of each and you'll readilly realize the Rocket III has far far more grin; whether that be the R3-Touring or the Standard. The Standard Rocket III is the equivalent of shock and awe. It comes down to follow or lead...If you want to ride with the pack choose a wannabe. If you want to lead...choose the Rocket III: nuf said.

I'm not at all familiar with the CBR600; it looks like a fine starter bike. The Rocket III is a 2300cc.

Last edited:
I'd like to add something, so you don't think we're ignoring you while you're doing your country a great service, but Rocky pretty much said it all.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Get a Rocket, or get something less.....
thanks for what you're doing, and watch your 6.

I had royal star and now have rocket. The yahama was a beautiful bike and would get a lot of looks, but when people realized that was a yahama would walk away. Aside from the overwhelming power of the rocket, you can park in a field full of other brands of bikes, including HD, and people will be looking at and asking questions about the rocket. If this means anything to you then you will love the rocket. I'll have to say at 66 yoa, this means more to me than the power, in almost 12,000 miles have rarely had the bike over 80 mphl Really, may I say that the rocket is a no brainer!!!!!

Scot, looking foward to seeing you in mv next month.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for keeping us safe, 2nd, welcome to the site! We get some interesting posts here and as long as we stay away from animal husbandry, we be good.:rolleyes: As far as making a decision on the Rocket III I will say that it is BIG. Some say it is lunbering. Steers like a wheel barrow. To be sure it is not light and it is not nimble. But it handles well for such a big thing and I think that is the grabber. Of coarse arm lengthening is standard. The ability to warp time helps too. ;)

Bossman

My misstress moved into my garage 2:nd september 2005 and I am thinking of giving her something as a gift after 4 years. I just dont know what, because the tires are good and the oil is new. I have already given her a chance to breathe better by takeing away the catalyser and changed the mapping to full power. :)

Bossman,
You darksided her yet?
Mine loves it.
GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTERS GUYS..
it takes a little getting use to, but well worth it IMHO.

Oh sorry, almost forgot.
Welcome to the forum.
Lets see pics..

Last edited:
First off welcome to the forum, second of thanks for your service.

Now if you want a bike that is faster than your cbr600 and more comfortable for long rides the Rocket is the only bike to get EVERYTHING else is a step down in pretty much every way. Try one and you will agree instantly they are the best power cruiser on the market and boy do they turn heads, everyone asks about it .

Back