Think these rack and hitch will fit a 2017 rocket roadster?

late2ride

Rocket roadster playing as a tractor
Ride
2017 Rocket iii Roadster
Just got the bike and I'm not handy with a wrench so I'll ask what could be ignorant. Do you think this platform and trailer hitch will both fit on the bike? Looks like they share the same frame connection points.

upload_2017-8-26_11-36-35.png

upload_2017-8-26_11-37-18.png

upload_2017-8-26_11-37-57.png

You may have solved @1olbull 's eternal quest for a solo rack or he could call it his 'wing'. I quite like the look of the tow hitch and would suggest you simple contact the seller and ask. The fact that they have their towbar and stock pannier rails fitted together using the same bolts shows it is likely possible but you may need longer bolts if you had all three rack, towbar and pannier frames.

@HansO here on the forum is an expert on towing and @Mittzy could provide a better quick release rack and QR lockable pannier mounting system in matching polished Stainless steel.

Just got the bike and I'm not handy with a wrench so I'll ask what could be ignorant. Do you think this platform and trailer hitch will both fit on the bike? Looks like they share the same frame connection points.

upload_2017-8-26_11-36-35.png

upload_2017-8-26_11-37-18.png

upload_2017-8-26_11-37-57.png
As for the trailer hitch I just seen on on Bear Paw's 05 at the begining of the month. Nice hitch. The only semi negative comment he had wad the extra work to pull the wheel.

As for the trailer hitch I just seen on on Bear Paw's 05 at the begining of the month. Nice hitch. The only semi negative comment he had wad the extra work to pull the wheel.

If this one was reversed & lowered so that it went forward and just over the fender, it would be P-E-R-F-E-C-T!
View attachment 47931

I wouldn't call me an xp0ert but I have towed trailers and a heavy camper many thousands of Km's/Miles, my only reservation with that hitch is that it makes getting to the back wheel a big job whereas the Aussie made Classic Industries one, I have them used on several bikes now and found them to be well made and easy to get around for back wheel maintenance

Should be easy enough to cut and shut then oh fussy one!;):p:D
A quick cut, turn around and re-weld and your done, anyone could do it.

Ish,
To do all that AFTER forking out over $200 USD???
Reckon that there would make one a drongo!

Last edited:
Back