Theyr'e gone!!

Be interesting to compare Art's torque numbers and bore/stroke dimensions with the TFC - hp output would be a largely irrelevant comparison given the ease with which it can be gained on any R3

I was at Cleveland Triumph last weekend and the salesman told me that they have deposits for five TFCs. I think that is a lot for one mid-size city.

Be interesting to compare Art's torque numbers and bore/stroke dimensions with the TFC - hp output would be a largely irrelevant comparison given the ease with which it can be gained on any R3

I've been doing a bunch of modeling of the engines, but it's just guesses without certain dimensions.

From the most likely guesses, the stroker vs the destroker 2.5, they do as you would expect. Stroker more torque below peak roughly the same top end HP as 2294, destroker wider less peaky torque, less torque than 2294 below 3500, more peak power up top with the same cam size. Without even a good compression ratio for the TFC it's hard to say.

Triumph has published 3 power ratings for the TFC lol. 179hp, 182hp, 186hp...lulz.

When you start looking at 9,600 RPM models of the destroker it gets much more interesting, seeing numbers around 300whp as viable street bikes, 320whp at the ragged edge.

Rod length and head specs need to be determined first though. Not to mention ECU cracking. There's still a lot to be measured and checked to see what the new engine will have room to squeeze in.

[
I got a good feeling, there will be some "re-appear" soon. I sense a home shopping technique going on here. Only 5 minutes left, get them now or never. ha ha ha.:sneaky:
Personally I think Triumph needed to have the TFC shipped before anybody sees a full production base model next to it.

Called into our local dealership this afternoon. There was a TFC Thruxton there which has been soldand another one coming. The paint job looks sharp with hand painted gold trimmings...all the mirrors etc are the same as the TFC R3...didnt make me want to buy one tho..
The TFC R3 will be in the early $NZ 50's he's thinking.!!:eek:

Back