They are nice bikes just a bit small.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
They hired a new guy at work. Mr Harley Davidson himself. He has all the tattoos neat looking sunglasses and of course the Harley Davidson t-shirt. He even had genuine Harley Davidson boots on. Of course the supervisor who we get along with real well hooked him up with me to show him around and get him started. I was wearing a Harley shirt myself so boy we were buddy's right off the bat. My tool box lid has a lot of stickers from various Harley after market products and the minute he saw that we were hooked up in a lot of non related work conversation. His ride is a 2007 heritage softail. My Harley is a 2010 FATBOY. This guy was unreal. Started right off slamming other makes of motorcycles and how only real bikers ride Harley's. So I got around to asking him how many miles on the bike. 9,000 miles and that is it. I explained to him that my 2010 Fatboy has 87,000 miles. He was really impressed with that. Then he made a comment about the butt ugly TRUIMPH in the parking lot and wanted to know who was the geek that owned it. A few of my co-workers heard the commit. I thought about it for a minute and told him it was somebody that must have come by to visit because I was not aware of anybody that owned a Truimph. Nobody said a word. After eight hours of work we are getting ready to go home. In the break room this guy is getting all decked out in Harley leathers. I to was preparing to ride home. He asked me wow you rode in tonight? We said yes of course. A very confused look appeared on his face. I looked him dead in the eye and said We are the geek on the Truimph *******. Then Explained to him that I have only owned the bike for five months and already have 10,504 miles. Instead of being pissed that he had been played a fool for eight hours he tried to kiss up. Really if somebody played me like that I would be pissed. so much for Mister Harley. We are really happy to be back on a Truimph especially a Rocket X.

2655b7763f5909dfa891984a8623d97cedde899259adf2bb1e823ae2ba91d553.jpg

Last edited:
They hired a new guy at work. Mr Harley Davidson himself. He has all the tattoos neat looking sunglasses and of course the Harley Davidson t-shirt. He even had genuine Harley Davidson boots on. Of course the supervisor who we get along with real well hooked him up with me to show him around and get him started. I was wearing a Harley shirt myself so boy we were buddy's right off the bat. My tool box lid has a lot of stickers from various Harley after market products and the minute he saw that we were hooked up in a lot of non related work conversation. His ride is a 2007 heritage softail. My Harley is a 2010 FATBOY. This guy was unreal. Started right off slamming other makes of motorcycles and how only real bikers ride Harley's. So I got around to asking him how many miles on the bike. 9,000 miles and that is it. I explained to him that my 2010 Fatboy has 87,000 miles. He was really impressed with that. Then he made a comment about the butt ugly TRUIMPH in the parking lot and wanted to know who was the geek that owned it. A few of my co-workers heard the commit. I thought about it for a minute and told him it was somebody that must have come by to visit because I was not aware of anybody that owned a Truimph. Nobody said a word. After eight hours of work we are getting ready to go home. In the break room this guy is getting all decked out in Harley leathers. I to was preparing to ride home. He asked me wow you rode in tonight? We said yes of course. A very confused look appeared on his face. I looked him dead in the eye and said We are the geek on the Truimph *******. Then Explained to him that I have only owned the bike for five months and already have 10,504 miles. Instead of being pissed that he had been played a fool for eight hours he tried to kiss up. Really if somebody played me like that I would be pissed. so much for Mister Harley. We are really happy to be back on a Truimph especially a Rocket X.

ra912tbjvz.jpg

I do not have anything against Harley Davidson at all. Hell I own one myself. For the ride back and forth to work the Rocket is ideal. Maybe three stop lights and the rest is open highway for 57 miles. The Rocket gets better gas mileage and is a much smoother ride. Yes the Harley is neat, you turn the key and fire it up and it sounds like all hell is breaking loose. The bike is not stock so for a Harley it is considered fast. With all the mods done to the engine the gas mileage sucks. The bike vibrates a lot. When at idle everything shakes including the fenders. We have a small fortune in chrome parts added on which really looks sharp when all polished out. Do we parade around like this clown did last night? No. I respect other peoples rides and leave it at that. Some and I do stress some Harley riders are real jerks. It appears to me that the image Harley has made for itself attracts more than its fare share of wannabes. Knowing the mental mentality of some of these riders we have no problem playing them as a fool or just blowing them away on their little bikes.

Sonny, you're among friends. It's OK to admit that your Harley, like 99+% of all others on the road is SLOW.:roll:

Remember, it ain't what you ride, but that you ride!

Attitude is in all sports...its the fact we are riding that matters...i just happen to like Trumpys...wouldnt mind a fatbob...ducati in the shed would be nice......dreamin, dreamin,dreamin....aaaaahhhhh...think i'll have a nice wee rum...enjoy your xmas guys!

Back