mr hunt

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Roadster
Gday punters...got the bike back on the road today. Took some encouragement to fire up and hunted for a while before finding idle (a few backfires and some throttle work). Did a couple of km's (2nd gear 3000rpm max) to prove she is fluid tight - so far so good.

I thought the rad fan should have been on when i shut the bike off and it wasn't so i let it idle until i got the steam out of the system and still no fan.

Fuse is fine and i double checked that I'd plugged the ****er back in :whitstling:...any advice on where to start trouble shooting?

Don't have tune ecu unfortunately.

Triple checked the connector and it all looks ok - wire/conectors intact and locking into place.

I'll try swapping out the relay next

Fan works from the female connector...male side appears intact.

How do i test the relay? Was thinking of buying a newie as a spare anyway

Would be much easier with TuneECU/TuneBoy/Triumph Diagnostics,, but without that, you'd have to connect terminals 85 & 86 on the suspect relay to the + and - of a 12v battery, and it should "click" upon connection.
And "unclick" upon disconnection.

Also should have/need to put a multimeter on the other 2 terminals (30 and 87) with it set to either continuity or resistance function, to verify the connection is made within the relay when it clicks ON.

Of course you could just go straight to any auto parts store and get a 12v 4 pin relay to put in its place. Worst case you'd then have a spare
Bring the old relay to be sure

Back