There's still nothing like the Rocket...

ThingKing

Child in Time
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster, 2022 Hayabusa
I'm just coming home from the Austrian motorcycle fair. I've been sitting on most of the good stuff.
All the beautiful new Indians, Valkyrie, Kawi ZX-14, even the blower Kawasaki (man the bike is small!), V-Max, Hayabusa, Guzzi California, Harley Road King. Fascinating bikes, especially I have to say I liked the ZX-14.

But in the end - there is still nothing like the Rocket on the market today.
I would not trade it in for anything else I saw today. This is the bike. What an enourmous road presence, what a sound (not stock though...), and not even talking about the torque and the way it breaks the 200 kmh barrier.

It was my best decision ever to buy it!

I'm just coming home from the Austrian motorcycle fair. I've been sitting on most of the good stuff.
All the beautiful new Indians, Valkyrie, Kawi ZX-14, even the blower Kawasaki (man the bike is small!), V-Max, Hayabusa, Guzzi California, Harley Road King. Fascinating bikes, especially I have to say I liked the ZX-14.

I would not trade it in for anything else I saw today. This is the bike. What an enourmous road presence, what a sound (not stock though...), and not even talking about the torque and the way it breaks the 200 kmh barrier.

I have a zx-14 in the garage and I would flip it in a second to have another rocket. Rocket and a zx would be a good combo.

If there was no Rocket 3 available, it would probably be a ZX-14 and an additional V2 custom chopper for me. But anyway, the Rocket does it all...

The above says it all !!

Well said (er, posted), King.

As we see it, the only problem with the Beast is that if you get tired or bored with it, there is nothing to "graduate" to. All others pale by comparison.

We trudge on.

Well said (er, posted), King.

As we see it, the only problem with the Beast is that if you get tired or bored with it, there is nothing to "graduate" to. All others pale by comparison.

We trudge on.

Where you been mate .. just thinking yesterday you'd been absent for a while.

The bike is everything you say with the exception of the sound. It doesn't match the bike. I was all set to fabricate a header but after hearing other bikes that were done I figured I would leave it stock and enjoy the quiet.

The bike is everything you say with the exception of the sound. It doesn't match the bike. I was all set to fabricate a header but after hearing other bikes that were done I figured I would leave it stock and enjoy the quiet.

Really? I have to say, after really pushing my Roadster with TORs on for some time, the sound has changed a lot and I actually love it.
At low rpm it sounds like a humming giant, and at full throttle it's becoming a mad grizzly bear. Nothing wrong with that!
But tastes are different, and so are exhausts.

Indeed, I felt the same way after the local bike show earlier in the spring over here. I saw all the new hotness and none of it really elevated my pulse all that much. The Guzzi California with the bags etc is absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't mind owning one, but I wouldn't trade mine in for one.

The one thing I might do is add some other models to the stable. Would enjoy a Ducati Scrambler to do hooligan antics on, probably. The KTM Super Adventure also looks insane in its own way. Etc. But if I have to pick just one... I already have.

Back