The UPS Store & One Ugly BearClaw

flhtpi

.060 Over
The UPS Store gave me a lesson in shipping one ugly BearClaw today. I went out in the garage and pulled one ugly bearclaw from the shelf that was already wrapped with bubble wrap. Unable to find a suitable box I headed to The UPS Store for packaging and shipping. I handed one ugly bearclaw to the salesperson and stated I need this shipped. Off she went for a box. She returned with one ugly bearclaw in a box that would fit five ugly bearclaws. At this point I had a very bad feeling.
24x16x12 box $5.71
Packing nuts to take up all the extra space in the too big of a box $2.00
Shipping UPS Ground to OK $18.84 (She measured the box with a tape measure)
Tax $0.61
Total 27.16

This 45 year old man was just schooled by a 19 year old girl on shipping one ugly bearclaw!!

I'm thinking about now that maybe that bearclaw wasn't that ugly. No, F**K that bearclaw, it was worth 5 bucks to get that ugly thing out of my garage!!!

Lonzol, package is in the mail. I hope your bearclaw project is a success!! God knows you can't make it any uglier. Glad to help out a fellow R3 rider.

George

The UPS store tried to whack me $70 to ship a pellet rifle back for warranty repair. I ended up using USPS for $22, just got alot of funny looks standing in line with a rifle hard case. :p

The UPS store tried to whack me $70 to ship a pellet rifle back for warranty repair. I ended up using USPS for $22, just got alot of funny looks standing in line with a rifle hard case. :p

If you had gone in the back door they would have thought you were a postal worker:eek:

Do NOT EVER EVER EVER use UPS, they are total rip-off merchants, I recently tried to ship a screen from FL to OR, and they charged me some 130 bux - well, I was in shock and signed the CC, then went and checked with USPS, about a quaetrer or third of the price!!! So went back to the store and got it back, just paid for boxing, which was also a huge rip off - USPS all the time for me, lesson learned, these mon and pop UPS shops earn commission by ripping off customers, they ALWAYS use too bix boxes, and they charge for boxes where USPS have 5-6 flat rate boxes which are free.:mad::mad::mad:

Thats the rub, UPS stores aren't UPS. They are little boxing shops making a percentage. The ones around here are like 7-11, most are foriegn owned anyway.

Bearclaw:

flhtpi,

Sorry for the slow response, unfortunately my father unexpectedly passed Wed. morning so I haven't been keeping up with this stuff much.
Sorry for the shipping SNAFU. Guess the drinks are on me when we meet! Try to come to the KY trip and I'll sure buy us all a round.

Lonnie

Back