The smallest things drive you nuts!

Bondysbike

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket Roadster
so , after a guy pulling trailer decided to reverse at a junction ( he thought he was blocking a golf cart lane) he reversed right into the front of my 22 mile old 2017 Roadster...My first ride and I’d been in the saddle approx’ 3 minutes. Anyway over I go. Fortunately the only damage was a scraped front mudguard / fender embellisher , scratched mirror and a gouge in front tire and the tiniest graze on the right muffler...not even a scratched handle bar weight. I must have let this thing down so gently , amazing how strong you can get ‘ in the moment’.
Anyway , posted before , changed tires to Avon’s after reading here and luv em. Thanks!

Today I recieved the new embellisher kit for front fender. I ordered the version for the Rocket x as I prefer the black to the chrome. ( looks great by the way , I hate the chrome one). Took all of 30 seconds to remove the push nuts from inside fender ( that by the way the parts schematic when you go buy parts doesn’t show?) I peeled off badge , unscrewed old trim and went to fix new one.

4 hours later....I’m still farting around trying to get the bloody push nuts on. The space between the front tire and the fender is even tighter with the Avon than the Metz. Only slightly but it’s tighter.
I can get two fingers in there and that’s it. Anyone have a knack of how to push these push nuts over the lugs that pass through the fender. I have ensured the pushnuts are facing the right way but from inside the fender with wheel attached I just cannot get enough leverage to push these things on. I thought it might be as I was using the ones that came off because the replacement kit does not come with new ones. They look perfect. Went to all hardware stores and nothing like these push nuts. So , any ideas other than removing wheel?
Lastly , read here some complaint about these rattling. There are 4 not two adhesive pads supplied now. My 2014 only had them for the inside of the fender. This certainly ensures these won’t rattle. IF I EVER GET THE THINGS ON...thanks.

--One thing that drives me nuts is finding a dealer that has what i want without having to special order it . If my Harley buddies ever found out the i spent $10.49 for a washer I'd never hear the end of it.:roll:;)
P82A26031.jpg

Yeah, what he said. I recently replaced my front fender and embellisher and the best way to do that was by having the fender on the workbench. I used to small socket to drive the push nut over the stud.

--One thing that drives me nuts is finding a dealer that has what i want without having to special order it . If my Harley buddies ever found out the i spent $10.49 for a washer I'd never hear the end of it.:roll:;)
P82A26031.jpg
:eek: I just recently paid £2.39 for what looks like that same washer ! And I thought I was being robbed .

so , after a guy pulling trailer decided to reverse at a junction ( he thought he was blocking a golf cart lane) he reversed right into the front of my 22 mile old 2017 Roadster...My first ride and I’d been in the saddle approx’ 3 minutes. Anyway over I go. Fortunately the only damage was a scraped front mudguard / fender embellisher , scratched mirror and a gouge in front tire and the tiniest graze on the right muffler...not even a scratched handle bar weight. I must have let this thing down so gently , amazing how strong you can get ‘ in the moment’.
Anyway , posted before , changed tires to Avon’s after reading here and luv em. Thanks!

Today I recieved the new embellisher kit for front fender. I ordered the version for the Rocket x as I prefer the black to the chrome. ( looks great by the way , I hate the chrome one). Took all of 30 seconds to remove the push nuts from inside fender ( that by the way the parts schematic when you go buy parts doesn’t show?) I peeled off badge , unscrewed old trim and went to fix new one.

4 hours later....I’m still farting around trying to get the bloody push nuts on. The space between the front tire and the fender is even tighter with the Avon than the Metz. Only slightly but it’s tighter.
I can get two fingers in there and that’s it. Anyone have a knack of how to push these push nuts over the lugs that pass through the fender. I have ensured the pushnuts are facing the right way but from inside the fender with wheel attached I just cannot get enough leverage to push these things on. I thought it might be as I was using the ones that came off because the replacement kit does not come with new ones. They look perfect. Went to all hardware stores and nothing like these push nuts. So , any ideas other than removing wheel?
Lastly , read here some complaint about these rattling. There are 4 not two adhesive pads supplied now. My 2014 only had them for the inside of the fender. This certainly ensures these won’t rattle. IF I EVER GET THE THINGS ON...thanks.
Mate that's tragic ! Sullied at 22 miles , I would weep . :banghead:

Back