The scoot is staying in the garage for a few days.

Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
Well I gloated about riding all winter long while you folks who live in cold weather places kept your rides parked. Karma is now exacting its revenge on me. With temps hovering around 115 to 120 this week my Rocket is now parked. Hopefully this weekend I can go back up to the cool mountains a couple of hours away and get some riding in. If not it will sit. I hate summer.

thats 47c, pretty warm, whats the humility like?

Feeling humble no doubt! Desert dry temps are a lot easier to handle than tropical high humidity and high temp ones. All ya gotta do is keep the liquids up in deserts in the tropics you can sweat literally gallons and still not cool or get relief.;):p:D

thats 47c, pretty warm, whats the humility like?
It is indeed a dry heat, I think the humidity level was at ike 4%. But riding the scoot in that weather is akin to riding into a giant blow drier. To compare my wife and I were in New Orleans one hot August day (high 80s) where just walking left you soaked with sweat. But there were thousands of other tourists walking around the French Quarter still enjoying the experience. That same day it was 117 in Phoenix and like I told my wife I would bet not three tourists are walking around enjoying the sights in that weather.

It is indeed a dry heat, I think the humidity level was at ike 4%. But riding the scoot in that weather is akin to riding into a giant blow drier. To compare my wife and I were in New Orleans one hot August day (high 80s) where just walking left you soaked with sweat. But there were thousands of other tourists walking around the French Quarter still enjoying the experience. That same day it was 117 in Phoenix and like I told my wife I would bet not three tourists are walking around enjoying the sights in that weather.
You can't stop the party in New Orleans! Last summer I was in the French Quarter, and a hard rain started. I was walking towards Bourbon St, and heard a Jazz band. Around the corner came the band, followed by a wedding party, all soaking wet in the rain, still second lining behind the band and all smiling and dancing.

was in phoenix this past weekend definitly hot at 110/115 but with no humidity did not feel as bad as, 90deg. with 50% humidity unless you were standing in a blacktop parking lot (as if thats all they have in phoenix)

Back