HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
Ok I have to come Clean the other ring which I was going to get made here in Australia by a local Jewller I told everyone I had only lost $200 on the prelimary costs which led Claudia to Give Me my Ring for Free and for which I am gratefull. I had in fact lost $400 on the deal when it went south, after seeing the Claudia version of My Ring Drawings which Quite a few of You my Fellow Rocketeers had input into, any way deep down I still wanted to see how it would have turned out so I paid the rest of the $720, I was loseing the other $200 anyway and I was not about to let any of you members repay me, the bonus is that it came out exactly as I had drawn it
I recently took delivery and put it to a couple of my closer mates to see if they were interested in having a second Ring...... the only crunch was that to have this ring made will cost you $515 for a CAD CUT by a computor drive machine out of a solid peice of silver one like the one in the picture or $470 for one made from a mould made from my Ring (it would be as clean cut).
You may notice it is a lot bigger than Claudia's Ring but still quite light due to the fact that it is hollow inside, which might put some of you guys off I any of you are crazy enought to want to spend this IMHO over the top Ring
Oh and by the way those price do not include postage/shipping etc I Do Not Make a Red Cent but happy to be your go between if you are interested to have one, PM Me

Attachments

• 007smla.jpg
    007smla.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 015sm.jpg
    015sm.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Yeah nobody could be more disappointed than me when The price for the extra rings came in so high but that is because of the extra detail and the size mine should have cost more apparently:eek:

I've seen the real thing; it's awsome. Unfortunately it's too big for my scrawny fingers and alas, just a bit too dear for me too. I think that's fitting in a way. Looks like HansO will have the only truly unique Rocket ring in the world - and with a real story behind it's making. Makes ro6ert's original 10 look like a bulk order!

Although I like the the ring I recieved, it doesnt "stand out" and garner attention like yours and Ro6erts do, I would have much prefered something that matches the Rockets raw looks, and appeal. But alas! I cannot afford such a treasure:(

What do you mean it's hollow
Does it come in gold
it is as I said machined from a solid piece of silver and size of it would have made even more expensive if not for the fact that the inside of the rectangle is also machined out to reduce the bulk weight it stay in the upright position due to the shape and also because if it were solid and top heavy it would be constantly trying to turn on yoour finger, the band is solid and also twice as wide as the Claudia ring. Also the walls of the hollowed out section are thick enought that it is not likly to buckle or bend, the force required would probally take your finger of first.
It weights in at 22 grams while the Claudia ring comes in at 16 grams, so therefore if it had been solid it would have been at least twice as heavy at around 50 odd grams.
the picture of mine shows the back hollow but it will be covered by a sleeve in the back section I have put off getting mine put in incase somebody wants the moulded $470 version, As you can see it is not a ring for somebody that is meek or mild:rolleyes: not to say I am not meek or mild but......:D

Attachments

• 018sm.jpg
    018sm.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 76
Back