The only way I've found to NOT have fun on a Rocket.

georgia

.060 Over
You get a really exciting feeling.. :D
Just you,
the rocket,
a completely empty 5th Ave in NYC from 57th all the way to Washington Square park.
You Rev up.. begin to release the clutch... :)

then you remember..... :cool:

You got a friend on the back, with a broken wrist that you agreed as a favor to give a ride in the parade. There are a gazillion cops.. Thousands of people watching.... and yes..... you agreed to WALK/BALANCE an 800 lbs motorcycle at about 2 mph, while sitting on a 2.3 liter Heating system in 85 degree direct sunlight for 3 hours straight...

your best friend is a bottle of sunblock and a bottle of water. :eek:

cheers
geo

Attachments

• SLOW rocket.jpg
    SLOW rocket.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
......Last time I was in that neighborhood I was pulling a 50 ton Talbert detachable gooseneck, outriggers extended with a high mast 20 ton Hyster forklift on the deck at 3 in the morning on my way to Jacob Javitz for a machinery convention.....

Quite an experience. Not just the city, but the total disregard the inhabitants had for the physical size of my load or their personal safety...especially the cab drivers. Cars squash easily under 90,000 pounds of truck and load.

Looks like what you are doing is more fun than what I did.

That '2.3 liter heating unit' might come in handy this winter in as much as Obama's Cap and Trade bill passed the house and senate today.

yeah, that's NYC for you. I truly wish you had taken out a few dozen cabs in your travels. I see them get stupid every day while I dodge them...

cheers
geo

Last edited:
Back