"The Mistress No More"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
Yesterday after a leasurly start @Ishrub and myself left his place in Canberra 9.30 and started to head for SA we stopped at Wagga for lunch then stopped again for fuel stop and a stretch at Narrandera and again at Hay we were about half way to Balaranald when disaster struck.
Pete was couple hundred feet in front of me when all of sudden the bike gave huge head shake and I lost controll, I went off the edge of the road and went down, luckily being on the Hay plains it was fairly flat with only salt brush I only sustained a nasty broken Humorous ( the bone in the upper part of arm) and extensive gravel rash and bruising, the bad news is from how Pete has described the Bikeit will almost possibly be a write Off:thumbsdown::(:(

Last edited:
Bugger Hans...glad you aren't too banged up - remember 'bones heal and chicks dig scars' :whitstling:

Any idea what went wrong?

Yesterday after a leasurly start @Ishrub and myself left his place in Canberra 9.30 and started to head for SA we stopped stopped for fuel stop and a stretch at Narrandera and a again at Hay we were about half way to Balaranald when disaster struck.
Pete was couple hundred feet in front of me when all of sudden the bike gave huge head shake and I lost controll, I went off the edge of the road and went down, luckily being on the Hay plains it was fairly flat with only salt brush I only sustained a nasty broken Humorous ( the bone in the upper part of arm) and extensive gravel rash and bruising, the bad news is from how Pete has described the Bikeit will almost possibly be a write Off:thumbsdown::(:(
WTF thats not good and sorry to hear that well at least you survived and will heal up YEP you never know what you might encounter on the road there is always an array of dangerous accidents waiting to happen I see them everytime I ride so we all have to be super careful out there in the TRAFFIC WARS on those dangerous roads

Not good news mate, glad your alright albeit a bit banged up. Let me know if I can help somehow

Good to hear you didn't get hear you didn't get hurt worse.Although breaking a humorous is no laughing matter.(no pun intended)I've been there done that no fun heal quickly my friend.

Thanks Guys, not really sure what happen I had notice a small amout of side wind bursts earlier but they only gave the clear view screen a tiny wiggle, I am only guessing when I say that there may have been some debris on the road that i happen to miss with possibly touch up from a gust but all i know is it was like the bars were reefed out of my hands i tried to wrestle it back under control but failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back