The missus spotted this today......

barbagris

Mad Scientist
Ride
1979 Guzzi V1000G5 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke
On the side case of a BMW-GS

radares.png

Translation - OFFICIAL SPEED TRAP TEST VEHICLE

The bike was covered in stickers - so my guess is he's also an internationally rated tester.

I am usually very cautious in the UK these days. All my old routes ruined by cameras. Fortunately I'm usually there in a diesel Citroen so really no serious risk.
Here the law changed a couple of years ago and now there has to be a LIT warning light within 100m of the camera.

I am usually very cautious in the UK these days. All my old routes ruined by cameras. Fortunately I'm usually there in a diesel Citroen so really no serious risk.
Here the law changed a couple of years ago and now there has to be a LIT warning light within 100m of the camera.
Is that before or after the camera?

I work on an island sometimes (Anglesey) in North Wales. Recently the camera vans have been transit vans deep blue in colour with no markings. They are also using 5 series BMW with rear privacy glass. Looks like a boy racer car. The undercover bike was a Fireblade.:confused:

Your not too far off the truth there . A little better now but they used to hide the bastards away with the smallest of warning signs .
Different now but when they first came out it was the rider that was fined , for some reason they didn't track off the mainland . I went thru 5 in a row one day and when the tickets arrived I told them that my mate Paddy Mac Ginty from southern Ireland had borrowed my bike and provided an alliby for myself . The fictional Paddy was blamed for awful lot back then . Now they fine the owner so you can't get away with it !
Instead of putting them at blackspots , schools and villages they would put them on the dual carriageways and fast A roads purely to generate revenue catching hundreds of drivers a day on relatively safe stretches of roads . I do happen to know a couple if vigilantes who made it their business to chop the buggers down for a while with petrol disc cutters . After much outcry by motorists , the highways agency's changed their game plan and put them in the rightful places that they should of been in the first place and made them far more visible !

On or before. But usually so close you have no time to slow down.
There's no escape from the unmarked lads here - big V8 Twin Turbo Nissan - but hey generally are not interested in minor speeding.
The ones to watch for are usually on motorway gantries - and you'll know in advance because the locals all slow down.
For some weird unknown reason - Spanish Hunters seem to mistake the rural roadside ones as deer.
Neat head shots through the eye - impressive.
If the marked Guardia Civil riders chase - Stop. They'll win - The Spanish may and do ram you with a car if it's what it takes.

For some weird unknown reason - Spanish Hunters seem to mistake the rural roadside ones as deer.
Neat head shots through the eye - impressive.

I remember from a while back a lot of the stationary speed cameras in the UK were often mistaken for firewood, at least that's all I could think of as they seemed to be set on fire on a regular basis.

bob

Back