The Hub Is No More

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
FYI -
Just learned that The Hub in Arkansas has been sold to a conglomerate that intends to restore it to an amusement park.
Just sayin' . . .

@1olbull ,

Speaking of no more, Boggan's Oasis on the Rattlesnake burned down last November, I don't believe it is rebuilt yet so that may be something you want to look into for your ride next weekend so you don't get caught expecting to stop and there is nothing there.

bob

It’s ashame when small businesses close down. Americana is being replaced with corporate stores, bars and restaurants and make every town look the same wherever you go, thru out the USA!!

I love going to a good old dive bar/mom and pop place full of nostalgic local character!!

@1olbull ,

Speaking of no more, Boggan's Oasis on the Rattlesnake burned down last November, I don't believe it is rebuilt yet so that may be something you want to look into for your ride next weekend so you don't get caught expecting to stop and there is nothing there.

bob

Bob,
I sure hope you are coming with us?
Hook up at Lewiston?

I won't make it even though it is in my backyard. As 1 of 2 Informatics Nurses where I work I am required to be here all next week because we are doing all of the preliminary meetings in preparation for a new Electronic Health Record. We have about 180 meetings scheduled over a 4 day period so I will be in meetings about 10 hours a day. :(

bob

personally, I put it on par with the Stearns location we just used and that place was a dump, does anyone know how much it went for at auction(Stearns)

Haha, you ain't seen nothin'. Dan, Dave and I just did a weekend trip to Renovo, PA, we stayed at the Tripps Motel, made Stearns look like the Hilton, I haven't gotten around to posting the trip yet because all the pics are on my phone and the phone app is so sucky.

Back