The great rocket drain

lta01

Standard Bore
Ride
'13 roadster
Thought fellow Uk rocketeers might be interested in this story

as you might have read in the classifieds section, I recently sold my R3R due to a long term injury. I advertised on autotrader and initially interest was very slow. I dropped the price to £8600 ( late 2013 model, all standard, 4300 miles flyscreen and pillion pad ) and got an immediate approach from a german buyer. ( had a trade in figure of £8k from various people).

Agreed the deal, got the payment, and eventually a nice chap from Poland turned up with a curtain side 3 tonne sized van. Bed height was c.900cm , and he had a plank roughly 8 inches wide !! Said it could be done with 3 people......no way was I getting involved in that. Used my mate's MOT ramp and balls of steel to stand on the ramp with the bike and wheel into back of the van.

Here's the best bit ........ opened the back curtain and there are 2 more identical black/red roadsters in there already.... 1 on a 65 plate, one unregistered straight from a dealer !!

Spoke with the driver, he reckoned he had shifted roughly 100 triumphs ( mainly Rockets ) to Germany for this buyer.

I guess our weaker pound plus differences in new vehicle taxation make UK bikes attractive to German dealers now. If you fancy a low mileage Rocket, not just a roadster, don't delay too long !!

PS in case you missed the classified ad, I still have a brand new pair of TORS for sale, open to all sensible offers.

Cheers and happy festive season

Loz 07756102450

Hi lta01 , I bought my roadster 13 plate roughly 2 weeks before you advertised your bike I was looking for months , always the same isn't it I paid more for mine and thought yours was a bargain a lovely bike !

Back