The endless Saga of my tranny fix!

Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
Wow am I just that unlucky or what. Stopped by the shop today to check on the status of repairs engine has been shipped out and not back yet and now Im told I need a new final drive $2700 from stealer I mean dealer. Due to the fact that the piece on the final drive that the shaft fits in cant be found anywhere.The strange part about this is I thought the prices on the final drive units had dropped immensely Also on the parts diagram it does not show the female coupling that goes on the final drive Now on bike bandit it says $573 for the final drive unit but it does not show the coupling unit WTF? Does anyone know the name of this part and where to get them.Short of going on ebay to buy one for $750 (used) with 9500 miles on it which would be a complete unit Im out of ideas on where to go I am seriously questioning the repairs on the bike and if it will even last once its done due to the shops lack of knowledge about the parts and repairs.They had better give me a good discount once its fixed and some kind of warrenty on the repairs or I might just go postal. Am I so wrong for feeling this way.

year? classic,touring,ect? mileage?
micksan is parting out (i think 06 classic)
could you post pictures of the wore out final drive?
that part does not come off the final drive. i personally call that part a final drive coupling.
i don't think any one would sell that coupling by itself.
that coupling tends to rust out . i was informed that you should grease that spline every time you change the rear tire. hth

year? classic,touring,ect? mileage?
micksan is parting out (i think 06 classic)
could you post pictures of the wore out final drive?
that part does not come off the final drive. i personally call that part a final drive coupling.
i don't think any one would sell that coupling by itself.
that coupling tends to rust out . i was informed that you should grease that spline every time you change the rear tire. hth
2006 classic 78k my problem is getting that part on bike bandit they have new final drive unit for 570.00 but it does not show that piece on the diagram and they tell me the diagram is what I would get I cant send a picture because bike is in shop but I did see it and it was rusty and all chewed up like I said the dealer quoted me 2700 for the final drive unit and as far as Im concerned thats total BS I can get the unit from bike bandit for 570 but not the female peice that it fits into so thats where I stand now is trying to find that peice.

The piece that Im trying to find is not shown on any diagram that I saw neither the shaft or the final drive I guess I will call Triumph USA and see what they say....thanks
my bet is if the female splines on the diferential are worn out so is the end of the drive shaft. as for the tranny I cannot believe they would even think of touching it at all if they could not do the internal work. Heck I just bought a complete 06 motor shiping and all for 2100.00 of course UPS has lost the bugger and are seaching for it now :(
Pinwall has a 06 motor for 2495.00 free shipping and a 05 one also.

Well were getting closer L&D had the wrong driveshaft for the last 2 months nd now that the bike is ready to be completed they figure out they got the wrong one...so they ordered the correct one and are having it shipped standard vs expidite I guess 4.5 months in ther shop doesnt warrant a rush shippment on their part....Morons! Now its a maybe for next week ARRRGH!!!!

I'm praying for all concerned. Not really you Bigfoot...but the shop.

Got the bike back today,long story still to come but got to go ride will be back on in a few days
Well I have been in contact with Triumph USA and they seem to be concerned about my problem but they cant do anything about it, as far as helping me with the cost that the dealer/shop charges I guess they could do something about the dealer but doesn't seem likely seeings they are the only one in De. But I will be in contact again with them real soon to pass on the shoddy workmanship on the bike and repairs. I will start telling you about the things I have found since getting the bike back......Here goes.........Well to start with there were greasy hand prints all over the bike, and most of it still had the dust all over it from the 5 months in the shop they might have wiped it off a bit but not a very good job at all there were hand prints on my powder coated rim that I had to rub pretty good to get off, my aux lights did not work so I had to raise the tank and reconnect the wires that they did not do or at least do well enough not to come loose, while doing that I had noticed that one of the screws that holds the metal bar above the oil tank I think it holds the injector rail or something? and the wire that run along there were all loose and not connected to the bar anymore ( not sure if they were before or not) but they were just all loose and floppy hanging. Oh speaking of the oil tank they had scraped the **** out of it on the back section of the tank towards the rear of the bike. Now to the rear of the bike ,,,,I had bought new shocks for the bike and gave them to the shop to put back on during the reassembly Well while trying to adjust them to the correct setting for me I had found that while trying to turn the adjusters the shock almost twisted off the lower bolt.......Gee they forgot to put the washers on between the rubber spacer and the bolt.I have since spent a whole day going over the bike and making sure that there were no more loose or forgotten parts well I found more..... the side panel that the relays are on and the gas tank vent line goes behind well the plastic piece that hides the hoses etc was missing. and on the other side panel there was a dent right on top of the Triumph logo, I had not noticed of these at the time I had returned to the shop but they had replaced the shock washers and the missing screw and found the plastic filler piece and are ordering me a new oil tank and they will have it for me when I come back after 500 miles to change the oil, oh and they told me they wont charge me for the oil change, just the oil wow after all that and they want me to pay for the oil. Well time to end this for now...... I do have pictures of everything and will be in contact with Triumph USA and we'll see what happens. Now once again is it just me or what if I was fixing this bike and it was taking so long I would have made sure that all work was done etc and that the bike would be as clean and shinny as I could get it for that customer am I wrong on that thought?.....ps the bike seems to be working ok but shifting into 4th seems alittle hard but I am hoping that goes away after the break in miles? more to come ....................

Back