Kyrocket

.040 Over
I am wanting to ride the Dragon. I will be in the area the 2nd week in September. Is it still ok to ride then? Is it so crowded you can't move, because riding season is almost over? I am familiar with the area, my wife grew up there, and I fly fish there quite often. I have never had a bike down there and am thinking about taking mine down there for this trip. Any info is helpful

Just my opinion...

For a Rocket rider, the Dragon is best saved to have your picture taken by Killboy or one of the other photogs that operate on it. It's not that big a deal. Just go at a leisurely pace, use the pull offs to let the squids by, and enjoy the ride.

If you want to open it up a bit, take the Cherohala Skyway. It's much more suited to a large bike wanting to have some fun.

btw, my wife and I will be down there Sep 13-14. Maybe we will see you around.

OK - I confess to being somewhat of a squid!
Having heard of the famous Dragon for many years, I was expecting to be somewhat let down upon actually encountering it a few weeks ago. I rode that puppy several times (up and back) then headed out for Maggie Valley and other parts of the Smokeys. Eventually I rode out to the Outer Banks then up to DC and The Wall. It then became time to head west, back for home.

This is no $hit. After collecting myself back together following an hour at The Wall, I heard the call of the Dragon from over 500 miles away. Back to the Tail I rode. Following a few additional trips (up and back) my appetite was satiated.

The Tail of the Dragon was absolutely EVERYTHING it had been cracked up to be . . . and MORE! Second only to The Wall, the Dragon was the highlight of my 11,500 mile trip.
Don't miss it - regardless of how you ride.
1olbull

Very nice meeting you bull your brother and your cuz :D

The Dragon was a blast when we all went to Maggie Valley

Very nice meeting you bull your brother and your cuz :D

The Dragon was a blast when we all went to Maggie Valley

Skydog,
The pleasure was all mine and I'm sorry to have interrupted you at work.
I hope you can hook up with Rudy there in Enid. I know he is always looking for folks to ride with. If you wish anymore info. just contact me off list.
1olbull

OK - I confess to being somewhat of a squid!
Having heard of the famous Dragon for many years, I was expecting to be somewhat let down upon actually encountering it a few weeks ago. I rode that puppy several times (up and back) then headed out for Maggie Valley and other parts of the Smokeys. Eventually I rode out to the Outer Banks then up to DC and The Wall. It then became time to head west, back for home.

This is no $hit. After collecting myself back together following an hour at The Wall, I heard the call of the Dragon from over 500 miles away. Back to the Tail I rode. Following a few additional trips (up and back) my appetite was satiated.

The Tail of the Dragon was absolutely EVERYTHING it had been cracked up to be . . . and MORE! Second only to The Wall, the Dragon was the highlight of my 11,500 mile trip.
Don't miss it - regardless of how you ride.
1olbull

You my friend are a true rider (really don't like the word biker) you have expressed the very essence of what a true motorcycle rider lives for .. that special bit of bitumen .. that has you going way out of your way to ride it again. Forever Two Wheels.

Back