The Devil made me do it!

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Well, I finally decided to drop the Wayne-Tripp map on my stock 2013 R3T. I still have another year on my factory warranty and several more on an aftermarket warranty, but curiousity got the best of me and the Devil told me to do it. Being a computer tech for ten years left no issues setting up the program and drivers. My trusty Lonetec "well recommended cable" did me proud leaving no room for errors.

I saved out my old map read as 20367 and on went the Tripp map. After resetting the adaptive and letting the bike run for 15 minutes all appeared to be well. I even got the green TPS light after about 12 minutes into the idle procedure.

My observations: First, I set my GI-Pro back to zero to eliminate any influence it might possibly have. The first thing I noticed, and expected, was the idle was much smoother from the get go. I always thought the stock idle was kind of choppy and erratic. It struggled to stay smooth. The bike seems to fire up just as quick. Going down the road it pulls and performs really nice in 1st through 3rd with 4th and 5th being better but not quite as noticeable. Much quicker. The beast has finally been given a chance to run better like it should. It's not the roadster, but a noticeable improvement over the stock tune. The general observation by most people that the bike runs smoother overall is spot on. The exhaust note is super smooth and almost has what I would call a "purring" note now. I never notice that so much before. Perhaps it's those open secondaries. Although I never lug my engine, it does seem to run effortlessly by at least 10 mph below where I would normally choose to shift down....again just flat out smooth. Definitely an improvement with my speedometer with it finally reading much more accurately. It now reads almost spot on with my GPS especially if I take parallax out of the picture and look straight down at the speedo. As for mileage, I averaged 33.7 at my last fillup of 89 octane. I'll know more next time starting out with a full tank. Overall, like many here on the forum, I really like the Tripp map. I just hope I don't run into any warranty issue by putting it on. I can always put the old map back on in a pinch if I have issues (assuming the bike is functional) and hopefully in doing so, it will not come up in the conversation should I need repairs that might have been influenced by the tune. The bike has been running good all year with it almost hitting the 10k mark. So far so good. Let's hope any bugs would have shown up by now.

I was told by service manager that PCV gets the attention from Triumph and TuneEcu is safe to use.

Just a little update on this tune. After some more miles I can't believe how much better the bike performs and cruises. The down side is...the beast is thirsty. My best check tells me I am down around 3 miles per gallon from the stock tune. That's easily 31 vs 34 mpg without being to aggressive on the throttle. That translates to 20 miles less per tank. I have yet to ride for an extended time at 70-75 mph which may yield better mileage as advertised. I'm not complaining, as I didn't expect to see any better mpg. There is always a trade off for better performance. It just looks like I'll be filling up a little sooner. I'm ready for a break every couple of hours anyway!
:evil::rolleyes:;)

When I saw 2300cc....kinda knew I wasn't buying it for fuel mileage. But if I let my wife lead on the sportster, I get great mileage.....nowhere near as entertaining though.:x3:
It would be better looking at her ass rather than waiting for her to catch up.
Chicks on bike look good (except one I saw in recent months)

Back