The Breakout is gone...

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
Well with work, projects, riding, etc something had to go, so I sold my 2013 Softail Breakout to a friend's kid for a good price (for him) so it isn't far away if I want to visit. Sorta miss it. Fun bike around town. This one isn't mine, but near enough...

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, but I can't resist, and I do own a Harley, but if you get to missing her too much, just pull a couple of plug wires off the Rocket, and you'll have that ole thump, thump, shake rattle back again! Kinda like when Triumph changed the cranks on the twins, to give them a "lope", had nothing to do with performance, in my opinion, just wanted to get closer to the Hardley sound.

I really didn't buy it for performance. I bought it because I thought it was a beautiful bike and it was fun to ride. I put the screeching chicken intake, big radius true duals (like the picture), some cams and a PCV on it so it definitely had the potatoe, potatoe sound and would run fairly well, but I never intended on racing it. It usually drew a crowd and would keep up with most anybody's HD that I ran into unless they had dumped a $hitload of money in the motor. Just an all around fun bike to play with

Yup, I know what you mean. I have a 06 Sportster, that started out as a 883, then 1200 kit, Kevlar clutch plates, stiffer clutch spring, polished up intake and heads, Mikuni flat slide carb, programmable ignition module, on and on $$$$$$, But, since I got my Rocket, the poor Harley is sitting in my barn, growing cob webs. Book value for the Harley right now, is probably about 1/4 of what I have invested in it, so I will just keep it. When I get bored with my Rocket, I take my 04 Kawasaki ZRX1200r out for a ride. Half the weight of the Rocket, and almost as much power. It's like getting on a bicycle, after riding the Rocket. Like a whole lot of people, I just had to have a "Harley". "Been there, done that".

I still have one. The Ultra Classic is hard to beat on a long trip over interstate highways...sorta like riding your favorite recliner

Dime a dozen over here , can only imagine how many you see on the road over there. Nice being different and riding something a bit left field i reckon. Tex give it a week and it'll be Breakout who ??? :D

Dime a dozen over here , can only imagine how many you see on the road over there. Nice being different and riding something a bit left field i reckon. Tex give it a week and it'll be Breakout who ??? :D

Yeah...tried to make it my own, paint, diamond cut cases, levers, pegs, etc. Most everyone that has seen my Rocket knows I can't leave well enough alone, but you still had to get pretty close to appreciate it. Never mind, still two Rockets and the Ultra in the shed. Working on paint for the '09 now...will probably go a little more subtle than skuls and a big tit redhead on the tank though :cool:

Yup, I know what you mean. I have a 06 Sportster, that started out as a 883, then 1200 kit, Kevlar clutch plates, stiffer clutch spring, polished up intake and heads, Mikuni flat slide carb, programmable ignition module, on and on $$$$$$, But, since I got my Rocket, the poor Harley is sitting in my barn, growing cob webs. Book value for the Harley right now, is probably about 1/4 of what I have invested in it, so I will just keep it. When I get bored with my Rocket, I take my 04 Kawasaki ZRX1200r out for a ride. Half the weight of the Rocket, and almost as much power. It's like getting on a bicycle, after riding the Rocket. Like a whole lot of people, I just had to have a "Harley". "Been there, done that".
Before 2004 there weren't too many choices like the Rocket III to pick from. I was one of the first to jump on the TRIII band wagon under "heavy" scrutiny from every one i road with. Those that follow the crowd most likely will never led one. I love all my bikes equally each plays a different roll in my life style....You wouldn't take a knife to a gun fight...;)

Last edited:
Back