The best method to stop fogging

the pinlock visor insert will solve your visor, but for your glasses you will need make sure your helmet vents are open, if you still get fogging you will have to get some anti fog from your optometrist.
just got home from one of the coldest rides ever (@Ishrub) Pete and I went Parkes via Goulburn,Taralga, Oberon then thru Bathurst in almost 0 degree Temp's thru sleety rain, even with all the gwet gear and winter woolies we had to stop at Oberon to warm up, signs were on the side of the road said "beware of snow and ice"

lift the visor.....

As above but that is really what I need for my glasses. Modern quality helmet visors are often anti-fog which is marginally effective. the next step is a pinlock system which fixes a 2nd skin which has a sealed bead to part of the visor viewing area so it forms a air gap between the outer main visor and the Pinlock film works like double glazed windows so that the outer visor remains cold and the inner which warms slightly from your breath warmth and humidity and prevents condensation fog forming. The Pinlock does not help with your glasses much though as the humidity from your skin fogs on the cold surface of the lens.

Then there are the old and new versions of the traditional methods - spit, cut potatoes and toothpaste which if applied or smeared on the surfaces and then lightly buffed off reduces the ability of condensation forming. A modern commercial version is sold as 'Catcrap', a weird name but a effective.

Cat Crap Anti-Fog Review - webBikeWorld

Oz supplies
Cat Crap Visor Anti-fog

ANTIFOG 4 LENS - HELMET VISOR GOGGLE GLASSES & LENSE CLEANER - CAT CRAP ANTI-FOG | eBay

Not sure the marketing is such a good idea for a lip balm though! :(:D:eek::rolleyes::whitstling:
Cat Crap Lip Balm with SPF15 Sun Protection - Mint Flavor - 4g Stick Sunscreen
Cat Crap Lip Balm with SPF15 Sun Protection - Mint Flavor - 4g Stick Sunscreen

Last edited:
the pinlock visor insert will solve your visor, but for your glasses you will need make sure your helmet vents are open, if you still get fogging you will have to get some anti fog from your optometrist.
just got home from one of the coldest rides ever (@Ishrub) Pete and I went Parkes via Goulburn,Taralga, Oberon then thru Bathurst in almost 0 degree Temp's thru sleety rain, even with all the gwet gear and winter woolies we had to stop at Oberon to warm up, signs were on the side of the road said "beware of snow and ice"

Ahh, he is home safely and back on line too!

forgot to mention my prescription glasses have a anti fog coating which does work in all but the most extreme condition

i have pinlock on my visor which works as it should....i also wear dark glasses under there and if i have a neck warmer on with the warmer over my mouth, my hot breath will often fog these. Mostly when im first climbing aboard...a couple of seconds after moving off with the visor up a tad is enuff to clear them.
It is a pain in the butt, granted, but dosnt take long to clear.

As a scuba diver I know the effects of cold water outside vs warm air inside causing fog. The best solution I've found was suggested by @Ishrub . Plane tooth paste. .smear just a little on the lenses, then buff clean. One application lasts all day in an out of the water, vs commercial anti fog which has to be applied every dive.

Back