The beast is done.

Good to hear.

I should be blasting through Suffolk tomorrow morning. Hitting some destinations on the Virginia Motorcycle Grand Tour. Breakfast at Fred's in Franklin, then a couple of stops on Va Beach boardwalk and Southside H-D before heading up the Eastern Shore.

That is assuming that the weather doesn't look too bad.

And there's a lot of time left in the riding season. :)
My favorite time of the year for riding is late summer and fall.

How do you like the intake sound with the triples on?

Well tdragger too bad I'm not on that ride. On your way in from Franklin on 58 you will pass within 1/4 mile of my house in Suffolk. Have fun and hopefully the rain will stay away until you get in for the night. The folks at SS HD are nice people unlike the ones at Bayside in Portsmouth who have serious attitudes. R3R Torque, as far as the sound of the triples go I won't know until tomarrow what it sounds like and whether I like it, or not. Either way it will stay as is untill I feel i got my money's worth out of it. No more tinkering. It's time to just ride and enjoy.

Good to hear.

I should be blasting through Suffolk tomorrow morning. Hitting some destinations on the Virginia Motorcycle Grand Tour. Breakfast at Fred's in Franklin, then a couple of stops on Va Beach boardwalk and Southside H-D before heading up the Eastern Shore.

That is assuming that the weather doesn't look too bad.
Hey TD while you at the board walk stop in at the Seaside Raw bar and get yourself some Oyster Rockefeller I have tried them everywhere I can and there is none better then the Seaside serves.
I hope to get down ther in the next month to work on my house in Norfolk.

Tripps I have to leave it alone. Short of going into the engine hard parts there is not much more one can do and due to I rely on my rocket for commuting I'm not going there. I haven't touched one hard part on my big block in my car in over four years. I think I might finally be starting to grow up(just a little bit).

Tripps I have to leave it alone. Short of going into the engine hard parts there is not much more one can do and due to I rely on my rocket for commuting I'm not going there. I haven't touched one hard part on my big block in my car in over four years. I think I might finally be starting to grow up(just a little bit).

Ok then... Time for a supercharger then:rolleyes:
Just Kidding

Ok folks today going to and from work is the first opportunity I had to get a feel for the changes that were made to my ride. The chirping, or cricket sound everyone talks about is there, but really faint. As far as the power goes it's weird. There doesn't seem to be quite as much low end grunt as before, but the engine seriously wants RPM's. The power band really starts to come in once you get over 4,000. Totally stock the bike felt like it would snatch the handlebars right out of your hands from a stop, but now you really have to twist the throttle hard to get the same result. I didn't take it anywhere close to the rev limiter, but the dang thing just keeps asking for more and more RPM's. If you look at my dyno graph the bike was still pulling when they hit the rev limiter. I'm not sure how I feel about it all. I'll just have to ride it a while and get used to it to determine if I like it, or not. My rocket made 142HP somewhere around 5,900RPM's and peak torque was around 3,750. Stock peak torque was at 4,250 and peak HP was at about 5,500rpm's. The air/fuel ratio was as flat as a pancake and as far as I can tell was just tad below 14:1(maybe 13.8:1) Good thing is I can go back to all stock if I want to later on should I decide I don't like the setup. What do you all you mod/tweaker guys think?

Back