The 140 cubic inches embellisher

cr0ft

Living Legend
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
So, anyone have any good leads on where one might track down the "140 Cubic Inches" oil tank embellisher? Part number A9738141.

It seems to be yet another product that Triumph no longer sells, which is inexplicable to me - people want ones that say "Touring" on a bike that already has badges that say "Touring" but not "140 cubic inches"?

Anyway - anyone have any ideas?

When mine arrived (4years ago) it was in 2 parts. The bit with the writing on had an adhesive back and needed to be attached. You could get some other one - even s/hand maybe - and have the black strip made up to use instead of whichever one it came with. Maybe get a "performance" boost at the same time, and really freak people out, by making it 150 Cubic Inches....;) I'm sure some printing places could do you something that looked pretty good or get some shine black plastic and a pin striper to paint on the numbers and letters.

There is a gentleman on this site that does a nice job of making customized oil embellishers. I will withhold his name and let him respond. Hint: He is a firefighter:D

I found mine at the local dealer which was a shock since the carry almost nothing for Rockets. I figured it was something somebody ordered and never picked up so they put it out on the floor just in time for me to find it. I will check next time I am in there...

Yeah, it's become an irritant now - I can't find one but for some reason it's just nagging at me.

Making custom ones from scratch is one way to go but getting it to look "factory" is something else entirely. I want to brag about the engine but I don't want it to look like I'm bragging... ;)

Thanks, I'll ask. It's in a lot of online stores (well, "a lot", a number) but just because it's in their online shop doesn't mean it's actually there when you order. o_O

My R3Touring came with 2 badges ,a Triumph Badge on the oil tank and a Fuel injection badge in the pannier ,I don't know if this is usual or by mistake but I'm sorry I forgot to tell the dealer silly me .but the 140 badge would be nice , I saw a rocket with a Chrome 2300 badge at the Greta NSW bike show and asked the owner about it he said it came off an 70s Toyota Crown 2300 six sedan,

The Fuel Injection one is the standard issue, the Rocket III one is aftermarket/addon. I think I'll get one of those and then see if I can replace the black bit in the middle with something that says what I want it to say. The 140 cubic inches embellisher is definitely obsolete, not available. The only chance would be finding a store that had one on the shelf for some reason, I guess not holding my breath.

Back