Thats done butt...........

brently

.020 Over
got my triple filters on, bear claw cut, jardines on, secondaries removed,left o2 sensor out , pluged hole and ran a dynojet plug in thingy on o2 wires from ecm. rebuilt computer for garage. drank some beer. got cable ,installed drivers downloaded power tripps tune to ecm , reset tps or what ever tou do after tune is done and she fired right up:) happy as can be . drink more beer let warm up runs good no poping, snappy, and sounds mean. but then i see the diagnostic page or somewere on the computer its talking about a o2 heater wire shorting to ground or open , and i look i have a check engine light on:(........ is this normal since ihave changed the tune? is it the dynojet o2 elimanater plug issue ? can i reset the light with tune ecm or will it shut off on its own or do i have a problem? it sounds **** good :D help any body

Congrats Brently!
I did the same to mine over the weekend though my power comannder will not be here until later this morning.
Did you change any of the wiring to the O2 sensor? If so I would start with what ever I did to the wiring cause I have been know to cross a wire or two :D
I would not think simply adding a new tune would cause the ECO to throw an error,
more likely your engine light is due to the ECU error.
And if you can we would love to see what you did to your bear claw...

got my triple filters on, bear claw cut, jardines on, secondaries removed,left o2 sensor out , pluged hole and ran a dynojet plug in thingy on o2 wires from ecm. rebuilt computer for garage. drank some beer. got cable ,installed drivers downloaded power tripps tune to ecm , reset tps or what ever tou do after tune is done and she fired right up:) happy as can be . drink more beer let warm up runs good no poping, snappy, and sounds mean. but then i see the diagnostic page or somewere on the computer its talking about a o2 heater wire shorting to ground or open , and i look i have a check engine light on:(........ is this normal since ihave changed the tune? is it the dynojet o2 elimanater plug issue ? can i reset the light with tune ecm or will it shut off on its own or do i have a problem? it sounds **** good :D help any body

Just Suggesting here...

There is a set proceedure..
Did you reset adaptions to clear ECU memory after downloading the new tune ???

Also what was the speedo setting #0 or +# or #- important to know so you don't get a ticket for inacurate speedo reading

Dennsell,
Asking so I have a better understanding too.

Would not resetting adaptions cause an error, or would the map change not be accepted? or both?

So much to learn.....

Dennsell,
Asking so I have a better understanding too.

Would not resetting adaptions cause an error, or would the map change not be accepted? or both?

So much to learn.....

I am not sure... but the adaption reset runs through the ignition on proceedure check, I think it is loading and checking all sensors etc.. if you loaded a new map and used the old start up settings for the previous map..
I guess it would give the ECU set up a brain haemorage :(

Some Info Here...........
rocket 3 tune ecu - YouTube

ya i reset the adaptation thingy were you shut key off count to 10 twice and it worked acording to pc message, and it seems the o2 was not checked so i would think it would not be one to throw code, it was wayne tripps tune so i assume all that was done not sure though also not sure about the ignition tables either real new to the whole thing . i got to go back to work now, later

did you have the battery disconnected for any lenght of timeI have heard of this and also what did you do with the Air temp sensor in the plentium. also if you had the ignition on at any time while disconnected wires that will send errors:) also I believe that some have had light come on then go off after going for a ride,the TuneECU should tell what Error code is not sure if it fixes as I have not had Issues, read the downloadable TuneEcu Manual

well come to think about it i did do some electrical mods i put in a head light swich so i would not have to do eastern beaver mod.....NO BEAVER FOR ME..,,,:eek: . Just some wiring a relay and a swich and wiring diagram. mostly because i hate the fact that i cant be in control of my own headlights, they are quite abit brighter now and i can shut off when hooked to my computer. anyway i tywraped presure sensor to fuel rail and temp to rail as far out as posible between 1 and 2 filter followed the sticky to the t.o and i cut the bear claw like evil mitches and left it chrome for now . the bike is red and i did not want to slow it down with any black:cool:

Back