That will get your attention

bruce aussie

WOODENBONG
Ride
Roadster
IMG_2656.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
This happened to a mate at speed on the way to Phillip Island on Monday. Have not got the full story yet but I'll bet it was exciting.

no clear in picture but did the muffler mount fail, there was an issue with the muffler mounting bracket on the frame having only two welds causing one to crack and then the other if not detected early enough, mine had the first weld starting to crack luckily I found out about it from the "Tiger Explore.com" forum mine is 2014 and it has been solved on the later models. The fix is two simply put a third weld between the other two which I have done as well as grinding out and re welding the crack, I did it with a oxy Acetylene torch (didn't want to much around disconnecting the ecu and other Electronic that these bikes carry so didn't bother with the TIG) using a fine tip and a Steel welding rod I normally use with the TIG

That's the kind of tire destruction one would only expect on a darkside tire. I had to look twice to make certain my eyes weren't deceiving me.

Back