That bloomin chrome ring!

Berber

.040 Over
Ride
R3 Roadster
Well I bought a set of the LED headlights and started to fit them last night. did anyone else find the refitting of the chrome ring a bu**er to fit. Im going to get the missus to squeeze it while I fix the screw underneath it.

Make sure the ring is properly seated, pinch the two halves together with some pointy nosed pliers, I then found that even when you let go, the two halves were close enough to do up.

The only thing I'd add is that there were a few times where I thought the ring was on properly all the way round and it wasn't

I found it to be hit and miss. The first ring went on fairly easy but number 2 was fighting me the whole time. Patience is a vitrue on this project. I may be wrong but try to get all the wiring connectors, etc to the sides and give the light plenty of room to go all the way to the back side of the bucket. Still gonna be aggravating but don't give up.;)

One of my rings was bend a bit from numerous disassemble/assemble cycles and did not lay flat.
I did my best to get it flat and reassembly went much smoother.
For what it's worth.

Well I bought a set of the LED headlights and started to fit them last night. did anyone else find the refitting of the chrome ring a bu**er to fit. Im going to get the missus to squeeze it while I fix the screw underneath it.

Phew, had to read that bit about the missus squeezing it etc..twice - the mind boggled a bit!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:

Back