Thanks to Ozrider and all

ponters

254 RWHP Lush Racing Engine
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Just a shout out and thanks to Les @ozrider for the weekend. Appreciate your efforts, friendship and organising tickets +tour at the races mate.

Big thanks to Bruce @bruce aussie & Mitch @Evil Mitch for making the effort to catch up.

Also, thanks to @Mittzy for playing chauffeur and the catch up.

Richard @CanberraR3 for the laughs and company. Apologies to the lovely Amanda @CanberraR3 for Richards profanities. You Canberrans certainly know how to swear.

To Pete @peterk Really appreciate you making the extra special effort to catch up, have a few laughs, pointing out the uniforms, your knowledge and friendship. Being mates with blokes like you make me love this site that much more.

A further thanks to @webmaster for building and maintaining this site that gives me the opportunity to spend some truly special times with some truly special people.

Thanks ponters.it was really a great day that les organized for us .the entertainment that you and Richard supplied all day was pretty special .you two are a bit crazy no not a bit a lot crazy.it sure was nice catching up .ponters mate I thought for a while there you were going to get us locked up.you cannot provoke the POLiCE mate. Mitzy it was nice cruising in your cruiser thanks again mate.it was a terrific time 11 out 10 thanks. Les thanks again mate it was a top day:)

All that and what about the QLD sunshine.

So bloody hot on Friday I thought I'd melt. 8 degrees when I left here at lunch time and 28 when I got to Brisbane. Quick peel of layers. Yesterday at least it was a bit more, what's the word? Perfect. Got a bit of sun and the grid girls weren't wrapped up. At home now it's a different story. Pilot warned us it was going to be 3 when we landed last night, and revised it on touchdown to 1 degree. I really don't know how you blokes put up with it. :rolleyes:

And it has to be said that if you have never seen V8 Supercars in action you really don't know what you're missing. The noise, the speed, the spectacle are so far in excess of what I imagined. Awesome experience on that score alone. Les organised a fantastic day. Got us into the pits and into a couple of the cars; viewed the "secret" "no photos" stuff under the bonnet (eh @Mittzy ?), met and chatted to couple of genuine motor racing legends. Real special. I'll post some pic later.

DSC_0122.JPG
Yes indeed a great day, thanks fellas, always great to catch up here is a memorable moment.

Back