RocketmanBristol

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
Just wanted to thank HansO here in the public forum for taking the time out to send me a new tune.

Just need a little advice please..............can't seem to get the read map to work from the eco drop down menu, when I click on it nothing appears to happens it me being impatient or should there be an indication of something happening?
Also while I'm here how long should it take to read/ upload the new tune, Cheers Pete

Is the ECU connected? Should see a green light on bottom lh side of screen. Is the ignition on and headlamp fused pulled?
If yes to above, try a different port on your laptop.
Once connected takes 15-20 mins to read your tune. Once you've read and saved it. Select your new tune then download to bike. Takes about 15 mins. Do a reset adaptation afterwards and you should be good to go.

Is the ECU connected? Should see a green light on bottom lh side of screen. Is the ignition on and headlamp fused pulled?
If yes to above, try a different port on your laptop.
Once connected takes 15-20 mins to read your tune. Once you've read and saved it. Select your new tune then download to bike. Takes about 15 mins. Do a reset adaptation afterwards and you should be good to go.

Thanks Blackthou

I was being a muppet...............not in the edit map section, all good now reset the adaptions and ran her for 12 minutes just need to get out and play but its still raining in sunny Bristol! Just out of interest the map on the ecu was 20226, would this have been a factory original?

Well done Rocketman. Now your tune is in, worth checking and balancing the throttle bodies, checking the TPS and ISCV to give her her best chance.

Not sure if 20226 is standard for an 04. I only know the numbers of Roadster maps.

I;m in sunny Essex and the rain has prevented my trials for the past couple of weeks. I went out the week before that and got absolutley drowned. One minute sunshine, then a couple of spots and then lashed it down. I rode for a few minutes then parked up as it wasn't easing and stood under a tree for 15 minutes.

Glad it's summer

Well done Rocketman. Now your tune is in, worth checking and balancing the throttle bodies, checking the TPS and ISCV to give her her best chance.

Not sure if 20226 is standard for an 04. I only know the numbers of Roadster maps.

I;m in sunny Essex and the rain has prevented my trials for the past couple of weeks. I went out the week before that and got absolutley drowned. One minute sunshine, then a couple of spots and then lashed it down. I rode for a few minutes then parked up as it wasn't easing and stood under a tree for 15 minutes.

Glad it's summer

Great to have such long hot summers lol

Set the throttle bodies the other day so there all on the same page! All the other tests are within spec so should be good to go when the rain stops, just need to sort the peculiar handling and may be able to use some of this power...............

I've also read somewhere here about diconnecting the O2 sensor and blanking the bung in the header, is that correct? Sorry for all the questions but I'm not used to Motorcycles with technology !

Well done. Sounds like you know what you're doing.

Yes. If you have the O2 sensor unchecked, it should be removed and plugged because many say it will burn out without being energiised. Some get away with it apparently. I plugged mine.

If you renable it, it will try and counter the tune, in parts.

Re handling, have you checked tyre pressures (sure you have)? Checked shocks both being on the same setting? Are the shocks ok? Hagon Nitros make a world of difference.

Well done. Sounds like you know what you're doing.

Yes. If you have the O2 sensor unchecked, it should be removed and plugged because many say it will burn out without being energiised. Some get away with it apparently. I plugged mine.

If you renable it, it will try and counter the tune, in parts.

Re handling, have you checked tyre pressures (sure you have)? Checked shocks both being on the same setting? Are the shocks ok? Hagon Nitros make a world of difference.

Yes been playing with the pressures with little joy apart from the journey home when purchased, it had about 13 psi in the rear and 14 in the front, now that was interesting lol. will probably get some new tyres soon as they are about half worn and at least I can eliminate them from the equation.
The front end feels very soft and will change the oil at the very least when I get some spare time, just don't want to throw money at her if I'm not going to enjoy the ride, its a shame as I've always wanted one, loving the sound and performance just put off by the uninspiring handling, I appreciate its a big old bike but surely it should handle better than this? (stupid I know as you've not ridden it) , be good for an experienced Rocket owner to have a ride and see if its me or the bike........anyone close to Bristol, England?

I be in Sea-Tac International Airport area.
Fly me over! :eek::rolleyes::roll:
A 240R55/16 Bridgestone Exedra Max on rear, a 140R75/17 front, good shokies rear and better springs up front shall make a huge improvement!

I be in Sea-Tac International Airport area.
Fly me over! :eek::rolleyes::roll:
A 240R55/16 Bridgestone Exedra Max on rear, a 140R75/17 front, good shokies rear and better springs up front shall make a huge improvement!

Airfares in the post.................................be a shame to lose the 250 ,but if it makes a big difference to the handling then it may have to go! Certainly going with the slimmer front tyre seems to make sense.

Airfares in the post.................................be a shame to lose the 250 ,but if it makes a big difference to the handling then it may have to go! Certainly going with the slimmer front tyre seems to make sense.

Dummies guide to rockets here....................where do I see if the O2 sensor is checked in tuneecu or do all of HansO's tunes do it automatically?

Back