Thank you - First tune - 2015 R3T

AndrewK

.060 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I just got done putting my first tune on my R3T and I can't thank everyone here enough. The advice, experience and expertise in these forums makes working on this bike easy.

I used TuneEcu, Windows 7 laptop, and the cable off of Amazon. I followed the directions, installing the drivers then turning the laptops internet connections off, and had no issues connecting to the cable or bike. I saved the factory tune, then I loaded the latest Hanso tune.

Now I have the bike I wanted when I bought it. The power difference is incredible. I have only put 20 miles on it so far, but so far so good.

I also installed the .50 cent throttle relief/cruise control. That is a great and affordable mod that helps me out a lot.

Thank you for the tune @Joesmoe and @HansO (I hope your healing is going well). Thank you for the throttle relief @Sidecar flip.

I just got done putting my first tune on my R3T and I can't thank everyone here enough. The advice, experience and expertise in these forums makes working on this bike easy.

I used TuneEcu, Windows 7 laptop, and the cable off of Amazon. I followed the directions, installing the drivers then turning the laptops internet connections off, and had no issues connecting to the cable or bike. I saved the factory tune, then I loaded the latest Hanso tune.

Now I have the bike I wanted when I bought it. The power difference is incredible. I have only put 20 miles on it so far, but so far so good.

I also installed the .50 cent throttle relief/cruise control. That is a great and affordable mod that helps me out a lot.

Thank you for the tune @Joesmoe and @HansO (I hope your healing is going well). Thank you for the throttle relief @Sidecar flip.
Hi Andrew,
I also have a 2015 r3t. I'm still a newbie here, but I am interested in what you have done with your tune. Could you please provide me with a link or some direction as to how I can look into doing what you've done with your bike? I don't want to change the exhaust system, but increasing performance would be nice.
Thanks, Eric

I too have a 2015 R3T. Glad to hear your good fortune and positive outcome. I just scheduled my 500 service for June 1st. $280.00 and 2 hours and I can wait on it. Nice people said I can sit in on the oil change so I know how to do it.

Once I get that done I will be going down this same road. Thinking I may do TORS. My bike is so quiet I call her Kitty.

@AndrewK Did they send you the stock map from the tuneecu site or was it custom? I think i need to check which map I am using now. You are completely stock right?

@AndrewK Did they send you the stock map from the tuneecu site or was it custom? I think i need to check which map I am using now. You are completely stock right?

The map I am using is Stock/Slip ons. I don't think having just TORs makes a big enough difference in the mapping. If you had new headers, decat pipe, and TORs a different tune would be needed. All that being said, I am still a nOob and probably not the person to ask...

OK just got a call from the wife. My TORS are sitting at home.
The 500 mile service is complete.
I have the Tune ECU cable.
I need to download TuneEcu and the drivers when I get home.
Once that is done.
I need to save the present setup in the bike.
Then I need the wonderful tune Hanso has.

Here we go.

Back