BigBlockRocket

.060 Over
Was wondering if anyone in Texas can recommend a shop that's familiar with Rockets to do after market installs/tunes such as Jardines, doing the K&N triples, PCV+AT (or TuneECU), mapping, and knows how to dyno tune a Rocket....or similar custom work etc. I'm in the Bryan/College Station area. A dealer I've talked to in Austin (with very good rep) recommended AF1 Racing in Austin (also very good rep)...but thought I'd check with you peeps to see if you can personally recommend someone you've worked with before and can vouch for. I need someone to go to who knows there stuff if I need to. Thanks much for the help.

Installing Jardines, triple K&N's, and the PCV+AT are all relatively easy to install yourself if you want to save some labor bucks. There's probably already a Jardine base tune for the PCV. I've had good luck with LoneStar Triumph in Austin for things I've needed to have a dealer do. I do most of my own maintenance, but if it's something bigger than I want to tackle, I take it to them.

That's who I've been talking to and they seem like good folks. They have great reviews from other customers I read about. I can probably do the work but they will roll all the installs into the financing and since I'm new to Rockets, I'd feel better starting out if they did the work. I can learn a bit later as I get going. Lone Star can do the hardware installs however, they said they won't install such things as PC5 or AT and they don't do the dyno work. As I said, they recommended AF1 Racing in Austin but I wanted asked if anyone knew some aftermarket shops in Texas to personally recommend who has experience doing that type of work with Rockets. I'd feel better if the professionals got the bike setup properly from the beginning. Thanks again for the help!

Like TxRIIIRider said...install the kit yourself, download TuneECU, buy a cable and get in touch with Hanso. He'll set you right on tunes.

Likes been said they are easy bolt-ons , really good way to get to know your bike ... Spin a few spanners , you'll have the satisfaction of having done it yourself instead of giving money to the Dealer. All part of owning a British bike ;)

A 5 year old could fit a PCV + AT as long as they read all the instructions then look at the bike visualise where everything goes check instructions again and fit putting my map in to the PCV takes about 5 seconds the bit where peeps (as you like to call em - cute) go wrong is not reading the instructions and connecting incorrectly or not tuning on the AT in the PCV
If you need help I am always willing to help

Back